Jump to content

Texans Head Coach Search


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

superstars that didn’t like coaching changes. 

You realize you're incorrect on this, right? We've outlined where Watson's gripe comes from on a few occasions. You're either not listening or you're being willfully obtuse.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 6:19 PM, ET80 said:

You realize you're incorrect on this, right? We've outlined where Watson's gripe comes from on a few occasions. You're either not listening or you're being willfully obtuse.

Is watson not mad about the coaching situation? Is he not throwing a fit because we didn’t interview the guys he wanted? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Is watson not mad about the coaching situation? Is he not throwing a fit because we didn’t interview the guys he wanted? 

That's just part of it. He's mad that Cal lied to him, he's mad that Easterby is still making significant decisions in the building - such as picking the GM.

If it was just as easy as the coaching thing, it would be over by now. It's not over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that we didn’t bother to interview Saleh and we had to be pestered to pretend to care about Bienemy, like we are in a position to not care about top coaching candidates 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I just wish Watson would pick his coach so we can start making plans. 

He has - we just need Cleveland to pull off the upset. Here's to Nick Chubb rushing for 200/3 and Baker Mayfield throwing 3 TDs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat Mahomes said teams are crazy to not hire Eric Bienemy as the HC. And he's right. Watson knows this so he tells the team to hire Bieniemy they say no. Watson says I want out.


That's the situation right now. I don't know who you will hire but it should be Eric Bienemy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Pat Mahomes said teams are crazy to not hire Eric Bienemy as the HC. And he's right. Watson knows this so he tells the team to hire Bieniemy they say no. Watson says I want out.


That's the situation right now. I don't know who you will hire but it should be Eric Bienemy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/12/texans-request-interview-with-eric-bieniemy/

Google helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What are your thoughts of Urban joining the division?

If he works out, all the other teams in the AFC South are set. And if Deshaun doesn't approve this situation will get even worse which is hard to believe. So much pressure to get this right and Cal will probably screw this up. The most important decision in Caserio's career might happen in these next few weeks, hopefully Cal listens to him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ObotimusPrime said:

What are your thoughts of Urban joining the division?

I need to preface by saying that I dont watch any college football at all. Jags will have a new Coach, new rookie QB, and a team that just went 1-15. They'll probably be better next year, maybe make a wildcard spot I think. I think Trevor raises the ceiling of the team more than Meyer does. 

 

I kind of feel like its a 'wait and see but im not really afraid of him' feeling. We'll see how he adjusts to the NFL, and how the NFL adjusts to him, and so on

Edited by tab
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tab said:

I need to preface by saying that I dont watch any college football at all. Jags will have a new Coach, new rookie QB, and a team that just went 1-15. They'll probably be better next year, maybe make a wildcard spot I think. I think Trevor raises the ceiling of the team more than Meyer does. 

To this extent, I'm really curious how he handles losing. To your point, he's going to a 1 win Jaguars team. One point that was brought up is that he's never been the coach of a team that's been worse than 8-5. How's he going to handle that adversity? 

Edited by LORK88
spelling is hard.
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 8:03 AM, Kirill said:

Pat Mahomes said teams are crazy to not hire Eric Bienemy as the HC. And he's right. Watson knows this so he tells the team to hire Bieniemy they say no. Watson says I want out.


That's the situation right now. I don't know who you will hire but it should be Eric Bienemy.

Seems like Mahomes just wants him gone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ObotimusPrime said:

What are your thoughts of Urban joining the division?

This feels like Gruden to Oakland. Plenty of glitter, not much gold.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...