Jump to content

Texans Head Coach Search


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, amazingandre said:

Was just coming to post this. This would make me happy. Maybe Watson would calm down in time with a hire like this?

I thought Watson had a very specific quality he was looking for that this guy doesn’t have?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I thought Watson had a very specific quality he was looking for that this guy doesn’t have?

?

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Can you guys hire Leslie Frazier... being a minority canidate that would mean Bills get a comp 3rd round pick. 

i hope not.  he is terrible as a HC.  Dont want a retread. 

 

Great win last night BTW.  Good luck in the AFC title game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I thought Watson wanted a minority coach. 

He never said that. He was just as praiseworthy to Matt Eberflus as he was Eric Bienemy.

Not that it'll matter if you believe Schefty:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

He never said that. He was just as praiseworthy to Matt Eberflus as he was Eric Bienemy.

Not that it'll matter if you believe Schefty:

 

so hes gonna quit on us because we have someone in the front office he doesnt like. I say trade the heck out of him. Anyone who will sign a 160 million deal and then flake out before it even kicks in, isnt gonna win in this league anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

so hes gonna quit on us because we have someone in the front office he doesnt like. I say trade the heck out of him. Anyone who will sign a 160 million deal and then flake out before it even kicks in, isnt gonna win in this league anyway. 

He's quitting on the Texans because they're an idiotic franchise that will always make the wrong decision when presented with a choice. 

If you're picking Easterby over Watson... I don't know what to tell you.

Enjoy your 4-12 to 9-7 seasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's quitting on the Texans because they're an idiotic franchise that will always make the wrong decision when presented with a choice. 

If you're picking Easterby over Watson... I don't know what to tell you.

Enjoy your 4-12 to 9-7 seasons.

Watson signed that deal and is screwing us over. We are gonna be in cap hell if we trade him  

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Watson signed that deal and is screwing us over. We are gonna be in cap hell if we trade him  

Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

You think the guy who...

- Was sacked more than any QB in his first three years

- Had to endure Bill O'Brien for his first four years in the league

- Watched his #1 WR traded away for David Johnson

- Had to see lead after lead go away since 2017 because of a porous defense

- Had to take a bus from Houston to Jacksonville because his lungs were so bruised, a doctor recommended against him getting on a plane

...is screwing US over!?

He voiced his candidates - it wasn't unsolicited, he was specifically asked and he felt the duty to serve the rest of his locker room by putting up good candidates that would lead a "culture shift" (which was Jack Easterby's job - culture coach). How was that met? It was literally ignored, and Easterby (the same culture coach who installed the culture Watson wants to get away from) made the selection on his own. Team President Jamey Rootes is even upset at this, he's resigning at the end of this nonsense.

Watson has literally given his body for this team, a team that has systemically found ways to become worse around him. He shouldn't give a damn about their salary cap situation if they're not going to give a damn to his recommendations.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

So... it's not just one FO guy.

Treat people with respect, you'll get their respect in turn. Lie to people, and they'll forget they ever knew you.

That's what it boils down to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So... it's not just one FO guy.

Treat people with respect, you'll get their respect in turn. Lie to people, and they'll forget they ever knew you.

That's what it boils down to.

Honestly he shouldn't even be running the team at all, he should be like Bob and the only real interaction he has is through Rootes and Caserio, if McNair is making football decisions god help us all.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...