Texans Head Coach Search

37 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So... it's not just one FO guy.

Treat people with respect, you'll get their respect in turn. Lie to people, and they'll forget they ever knew you.

That's what it boils down to.

I mean... at this point, how does this team actually get fixed, outside of McNair and Easterby falling on their swords? No coach except the most desperate is going to want to be here. No free agent except the most desperate is going to want to be here. How competitive do you think this team is ever going to be, when everyone views it as a toxic waste dump that's on fire (and rightfully so)? All that's going to be available is scraps and whatever unfortunate souls get drafted here. Literally the only thing currently going for it is that it is one out of 32 teams, but that still means there are 31 teams ahead of the Texans on everything.

Heck, I almost feel bad for Caserio - I doubt he realized what he was signing himself up for when he accepted the position.

• Like 2

If Nick Caserio can hire Bienemy and get Watson back in the fold, I'll give him credit for pulling off what seems to be impossible - and he'll have my respect until his career is over.

I'm still expecting Cal and Jack to do enough to ruin this team.

I find it very hard to believe that Watson wouldn't give Bieniemy a chance. He isn't like James Harden at all and this doesn't scream "entitled", screams more "I'm frustrated". Hate that people are comparing the two.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Longhorns90 said:

I mean... at this point, how does this team actually get fixed, outside of McNair and Easterby falling on their swords? No coach except the most desperate is going to want to be here. No free agent except the most desperate is going to want to be here. How competitive do you think this team is ever going to be, when everyone views it as a toxic waste dump that's on fire (and rightfully so)? All that's going to be available is scraps and whatever unfortunate souls get drafted here. Literally the only thing currently going for it is that it is one out of 32 teams, but that still means there are 31 teams ahead of the Texans on everything.

Heck, I almost feel bad for Caserio - I doubt he realized what he was signing himself up for when he accepted the position.

Except Caserio can fix it, he's just bound by personal affection to Easterby.

Belichick would never let Easterby get this far, that's the difference between Patriots South and the real Patriots.

24 minutes ago, Drained said:

I find it very hard to believe that Watson wouldn't give Bieniemy a chance. He isn't like James Harden at all and this doesn't scream "entitled", screams more "I'm frustrated". Hate that people are comparing the two.

I can agree to this. Watson is upset now, and his frustration is from the disconnect between him and Cal (and Easterby, but I do think it's much bigger than that). 

I could see an outside chance for reconciliation - in a face to face environment, with Cal, Caserio, Bienemy/Eberflus and Watson simply working it out. (Maybe even bring in a sports psychologist to mediate the conversation). No Jack, Jack cannot be in the room - in fact, he's not allowed to initiate engagement with ANY of the players on the team, they have to come to him. If a player wants to engage Easterby (Brandin Cooks is very high on Easterby and I doubt he's the only one) that have to engage. Anything outside of a "Hello, how are the kids?" from Easterby towards a player is asking for trouble - Easterby isn't allowed to stand in front of the team and prattle on as he's known to do; Nick has to get that in check, ASAP.

Maybe this could be worked out - but even if it is, this franchise is basically Chernobyl, a nuclear wasteland that no FA with options is going to want to join.

EDIT - @CBears019, I think you asked this Q too. Here's my uneducated opinion on the subject.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

How does this make sense?

So, this was last in regards to the current open positions.

Now, it's worse than every single HC gig in football.

That's how I'm reading it.

I have to imagine this is Watson's agent or someone leaking info to the press. I agree with @Drainedin that this can be rectified, and it screams "I'm frustrated" instead of "I'm done". It'll be hard, but I don't think we've hit the point of no return. A few things I want to throw out there. First, I know I've joked a few times that Caserio is getting paid top 3 GM money because he's going to earn it by the time he's done, but I want to reiterate it. He might not have know the extent of what he was getting into, but he wasn't ignorant to it. He has a huge task on his hands and is going to have to lead us out of this mess Cal and Easterbunny created. Second, I don't think this is the least desirable head coaching job in the NFL. Eberflus went from telling us no to now formally interviewing because of Caserio. No chance he did that as a favor to Caserio. It also goes to show the amount of respect Caserio has around the NFL. I doubt this will be the only HC candidate who will give us a look because of him. Lastly, why would we trade Watson so quickly? His value isn't going to decrease by the end of next season. I feel confident that if we do a great job with the HC decision, Cal gets out of the limelight, and we let Nick and the HC run the show, we can get through this. I know I've said this before, but this feels eerily similar to Jed York and the 49ers a few years ago. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

I know I've said this before, but this feels eerily similar to Jed York and the 49ers a few years ago. 

You know how to talk me off a ledge, Brad. Glad you're back with us, we need to find @Blaze, @kenney and @Jacobys Homey and get the group therapy going.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, tab said:

there are still a lot of good coaching candidates left, i have a little optimism (foolishly)

It's us and the Eagles as the only ones left with HC spots open. Bienemy, Eberflus, Brady, and Daboll are all still available too. I feel confident that we'll still get a solid HC from this group (first two are my preference). 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jch1911 said:

So, somebody (Caserio) had to get the OK from KC to get this underway. 

I really think Bienemy is our guy. And I'm cautiously optimistic with him in the fold.

• Like 1