Texans Head Coach Search

amazingandre

the McCown interview cant be serious? I'm seriously having a hard time believing this is anything more than just killing time and giving McCown some interview experience

the McClain tweet and the Eberflus tweet makes me feel like this is all just smoke today. I'm not going to lie though, if we arent waiting on EB (or Fraiser I guess), i'll be pretty disappointed

On 1/22/2021 at 5:09 PM, tab said:

the McCown interview cant be serious? I'm seriously having a hard time believing this is anything more than just killing time and giving McCown some interview experience

I think McCown and Caldwell are being interviewed for positions on the future HCs staff - which tells me Caserio is openly discussing with the future HC right now, be that Bieniemy, Frazier or Eberflus (or Culley, for that matter).

To his credit - despite all of the drama and media frenzy, Caserio is really keeping his cool and staying the course. He's got no experience in hiring a HC, so not rushing into anything is a good sign.

• Like 2

I agree

47 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think McCown and Caldwell are being interviewed for positions on the future HCs staff - which tells me Caserio is openly discussing with the future HC right now, be that Bieniemy, Frazier or Eberflus (or Culley, for that matter).

To his credit - despite all of the drama and media frenzy, Caserio is really keeping his cool and staying the course. He's got no experience in hiring a HC, so not rushing into anything is a good sign.

I agree... not sure what Frazier's situation is (e.g. contract about to be up or Bills looking to promote younger coach, etc.).. But I could see

HC - EB

OC / Passing game coordinator - Kelly

Asst HC / Running game - Caldwell

QB coach - McCown

Asst HC / DC - Frazier

Edited by jch1911

7 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I agree

I agree... not sure what Frazier's situation is (e.g. contract about to be up or Bills looking to promote younger coach, etc.).. But I could see

HC - EB

OC / Passing game coordinator - Kelly

Asst HC / Running game - Caldwell

QB coach - McCown

Asst HC / DC - Frazier

This wouldn't work, Buffalo would have grounds to block this - it's a lateral move, even with the Assistant HC tag.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This wouldn't work, Buffalo would have grounds to block this - it's a lateral move, even with the Assistant HC tag.

not sure what Frazier's situation is (e.g. contract about to be up or Bills looking to promote younger coach, etc.).. 

C'mon man... you went to Kempner! Although I was in the first graduating class!  Mighty C/O 90

• Like 1