Niners Best QB Since 1999?

NFL Network

Ok folks since this season is basically a complete write off I wanted to ask you whom you think has been the best QB since 1999 e.g. since Steve Young. Well we basically only really have 4 choices e.g. Jeff Garcia, Alex Smith, Kap & Jimmy.

I'm going to go with Jeff Garcia b/c from 2000-2002 the Niners were a fairly high scoring offensive team who could finish drives in the endzone from what I remember. I remember it was the defense that did those teams in and the reason why they couldn't win in the playoffs was b/c those years had teams such as the Packers, Bucs & Rams whom were better than them. Jeff Garcia also led them to the largest playoff comeback in team history against the Giants which is something the other 3 couldn't dream of doing. I know Jeff Garcia struggled in playoff losses to the Packers & Bucs but the Niners were never expected to win those game especially the Bucs in 2002. I know Jeff didn't have a deep ball but neither did Joe or Steve and the offense was a scoring machine with those guys. 

As for Alex, Kap & Jimmy well the offense has also stalled under them for a variety of different reasons and the little playoff success that they endured was b/c of defense & running game. Even Alex Smith big game against the Saints in the 2011playoff game featured and offense that kept failing to turn numerous Saints turnovers into TD's. Then against the Giants he failed miserable in that game. Kap was great with beating teams with his legs but once you asked him to win playoff games with his arm then his faults were magnified e.g. losses to Ravens & Seahawks. If Kap was a more accurate passer the Niners win a SB in either 2012/13. Jimmy is basically just a QB whom they won with in the playoffs in spite of his poor play as Kyle new that when he had no choice but the run the ball against the Vikings & Packers and thus got away with it. Then came the SB and the Chiefs over played the run when down 20-10 and Jimmy's faults were on full display. Jimmy faults were even more on display when the Niners needed him to win the game. 

On 10/12/2020 at 5:04 PM, NFL Network said:

Even Alex Smith big game against the Saints in the 2011playoff game featured and offense that kept failing to turn numerous Saints turnovers into TD's.

Brett Swain started that game for us at WR.