Malfatron

winner  

26 members have voted

1. 1. winner

• chargers
    • saints
    • tie

9 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

even if that was true, which is far from determined, chargers injury list is significantly longer than the saints. on both sides of the ball. brees arm is clearly done, as other have told you for what, 3 weeks now?

Aren't you the guy that said the Falcons have the best QB and WR in the NFC South? Yeah...Not too concerned about what you have to say 🤡

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

3 losses this year, when having double digit leads. Not even Falcons can do that. We moved from San Diego so why is this curse still following. Who do we need to sacrifice to life the curse..

Dude, I wish I knew how to lift a curse. The Bears starting their 41st QB in 41 years.

There are 3 things that remain synonymous with football.

1) The Chargers are going lose a game they shouldn't.

2) The Bears will not ever have a good QB.

3) The Browns will somehow never be able to have more than 1 good consecutive season and will continue to falter. 

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Dude, I wish I knew how to lift a curse. The Bears starting their 41st QB in 41 years.

There are 3 things that remain synonymous with football.

1) The Chargers are going lose a game they shouldn't.

2) The Bears will not ever have a good QB.

3) The Browns will somehow never be able to have more than 1 good consecutive season and will continue to falter. 

Maybe 2020 is so crazy that all those things change... one can pray.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Aren't you the guy that said the Falcons have the best QB and WR in the NFC South? Yeah...Not too concerned about what you have to say 🤡

I know man, i know. its ok. all these people see that brees arm is done, but you havent gotten there yet. The time will come. Until then, its ok.

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Ding ding ding we have a winner here. If his arm was shot he wouldn't be able to make accurate throws in the short/intermediate game. His play is not notably different than it has been the previous 3 seasons where he hasn't been much of a deep ball threat, but gets the job done in the short/intermediate game. 

Can't agree with you here Tyler. He's shot. He can (and still does) make some great plays, but overall he's done. Not sure how you can watch him and not see it. He's missing wide open guys left and right. He's not processing the game nearly fast enough. His usual pinpoint accuracy isn't there, and ya, deep balls are off the table usually.

Love Brees. As a Saints fan it's been one hell of a fun ride to watch, but I can't see the Saints making much noise in the playoffs (if they make it). Teams are just squatting on all the dink and dunk short stuff because Brees isn't going to beat you deep consistently. It's the recipe for beating them. 

• Like 3

Drew Brees through 5 games (4 without the reigning Offensive Player of the Year Michael Thomas) now has:

1,331 passing yards (266 passing yards per game)

10 touchdowns and 3 interceptions

QB Ratings of: 96.5, 91.1, 127.8, 116.4, and 87.6

Leading comebacks from 14 points down and 17 points down in back to back weeks

If that's "cooked" I'll take it. As mentioned before this is largely the same dink and dunk style we've had the past few years. It just hurts at times not having an OPOY caliber player in Michael Thomas out there. 

Justin Herbert deserves better. At this rate he is going to develop the "River's complex" in that he, in his head, will simply know, without a doubt that it is up to him, and him alone if the Chargers are going to win any games. And that is not good.

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Drew Brees through 5 games (4 without the reigning Offensive Player of the Year Michael Thomas) now has:

1,331 passing yards (266 passing yards per game)

10 touchdowns and 3 interceptions

QB Ratings of: 96.5, 91.1, 127.8, 116.4, and 87.6

Leading comebacks from 14 points down and 17 points down in back to back weeks

If that's "cooked" I'll take it. As mentioned before this is largely the same dink and dunk style we've had the past few years. It just hurts at times not having an OPOY caliber player in Michael Thomas out there. 

And why do you think that is?  

Look, I was with you last year when I heard the arguments about his arm being shot and I went back to watched Brees again JUST LOOKING for ways to refute it. And in the end I gave up because I saw the same things that most others are seeing.  

7 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Can't agree with you here Tyler. He's shot. He can (and still does) make some great plays, but overall he's done. Not sure how you can watch him and not see it. He's missing wide open guys left and right. He's not processing the game nearly fast enough. His usual pinpoint accuracy isn't there, and ya, deep balls are off the table usually.

Love Brees. As a Saints fan it's been one hell of a fun ride to watch, but I can't see the Saints making much noise in the playoffs (if they make it). Teams are just squatting on all the dink and dunk short stuff because Brees isn't going to beat you deep consistently. It's the recipe for beating them. 

Agree to disagree. Be interesting to see what happens when Michael Thomas comes back...Especially now that it's becoming clear Brees is finally getting some chemistry with Sanders after not having a traditional training camp/preseason. 

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

And why do you think that is?  

Look, I was with you last year when I heard the arguments about his arm being shot and I went back to watched Brees again JUST LOOKING for ways to refute it. And in the end I gave up because I saw the same things that most others are seeing.  

He doesn't have a deep ball but he has enough arm to be an effective QB still in the short/intermediate game. Most Saints fans have said he hasn't had a good deep ball for years. That hasn't stopped him from being a good QB. Oddly enough tonight may have been his farthest thrown pass completion on the touchdown to Cook in terms of air yards in the past couple seasons.

Just now, tyler735 said:

He doesn't have a deep ball but he has enough arm to be an effective QB still in the short/intermediate game. Most Saints fans have said he hasn't had a good deep ball for years. That hasn't stopped him from being a good QB. Oddly enough tonight may have been his farthest thrown pass completion on the touchdown to Cook in terms of air yards in the past couple seasons.

I think what your missing the point on is that when people say his 'arm is shot' is not saying that he still can't make those short/intermediate throws.

Only that he can't make those deep throws on a consistence basis like he used to.