Outpost31

Week Six Game Day Threda: Green Bay Packers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sunday October 18th at 3:25 PM CST.

The Packers are undefeated going up against the 3-2 Buccaneers. 

My predictions this week:

AJ Dillon gets 10 carries.
Jaire Alexander gets a pick six.
MVS has another 100 yard game.
Robert Tonyan goes back to a nobody.
Savage doesn't have an interception.

My predictions last week:

Aaron Rodgers throws his first interception early, then throws 5 touchdown passes.
The Packers hold the Falcons under 20.
Packers have three interceptions.
MVS gets back to a 100 yard game.
Krys Barnes gets an interception.

Outpost's Power Rankings:
1. Ravens
2. Chiefs
3. Packers

Nobody else matters because there's no other team the Packers can't beat. 

d543d9ea55c5201194ec001f8e2ad3d4.gif

What am I missing about the Bucs' defense, which I think I saw was ranked like No. 2 by PFF, whatever that means? I mean up front, Barrett is legit, but Bakh will erase him. JPP is just a name these days. Suh is pretty much just a name these days. Vea is out. Gholston is probably their biggest threat on the inside now. 

They have two very fast ILBs, yet the Bears still hurt TB over and over with passes to Montgomery and Patterson out of the backfield. 

In the secondary, Davis has a bunch of picks but is otherwise pretty overrated. Their other CBs are very average, and their best safety is a rookie. 

Frankly, I was more worried about the Saints defense. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

What am I missing about the Bucs' defense, which I think I saw was ranked like No. 2 by PFF, whatever that means? I mean up front, Barrett is legit, but Bakh will erase him. JPP is just a name these days. Suh is pretty much just a name these days. Vea is out. Gholston is probably their biggest threat on the inside now. 

They have two very fast ILBs, yet the Bears still hurt TB over and over with passes to Montgomery and Patterson out of the backfield. 

In the secondary, Davis has a bunch of picks but is otherwise pretty overrated. Their other CBs are very average, and their best safety is a rookie. 

Frankly, I was more worried about the Saints defense. 

Points are the only thing that matter.  Buccaneers are 11th in the league in points allowed.  They have, however, only played the Saints, Panthers, Broncos, Chargers and Bears.

That's good for 5th, 20th, 28th, 27th and 26th ranked offenses in the NFL in scoring points.

We're the 1st. 

• Like 1

For the first time since mid 2014, I feel extremely confident in this GB team beating anyone any week

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Outpost's Power Rankings:
1. Ravens
2. Chiefs
3. Packers

how do you have the Ravens ahead of the Chiefs when the Chiefs have beat them 3 times lately? 

7 minutes ago, persiandud said:

how do you have the Ravens ahead of the Chiefs when the Chiefs have beat them 3 times lately? 

Teams in my power rankings are specifically ranked on how they match up against the Packers.

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Teams in my power rankings are specifically ranked on how they match up against the Packers.

How do the Packers match up against the Packers? Favorably I assume?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kepler said:

It's a wash

• Like 3

Just now, Norm said:

It's a wash

At least they're always favored in those match ups

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Packers are very capable of beating themselves with lethargic defensive play.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Packers are very capable of beating themselves with lethargic defensive play.  

I don't want to think about Pettine v. LaFleur. 

Their defense personnel wise reminds me of Dallas. This is how Dallas would look if they'd actually invest in two DTs that can eat space and a pass rush. 

However, with Vea out, I hope the Bucs defense starts to look more like Dallas. Run right at those small LBs, don't let them chase. They'll outrun our OL, but they can't shed them.

Defensively it's pretty simple. You win the pass rush game like the Bears did, Brady is going to struggle. You blitz him or let him sit there, he'll pick you apart still. Knowing our DC, we'll give 12 yard cushions to another QB who's old and can't sling it and let him dink and dunk all day and give up 30.

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:Defensively it's pretty simple. You win the pass rush game like the Bears did, Brady is going to struggle. You blitz him or let him sit there, he'll pick you apart still. Knowing our DC, we'll give 12 yard cushions to another QB who's old and can't sling it and let him dink and dunk all day and give up 30.

I’m going to stop you right there.  Not because you’re wrong, but because you’re right and I don’t want to read it.