Week Six Game Day Threda: Green Bay Packers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

MacReady

59 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Their defense personnel wise reminds me of Dallas. This is how Dallas would look if they'd actually invest in two DTs that can eat space and a pass rush. 

However, with Vea out, I hope the Bucs defense starts to look more like Dallas. Run right at those small LBs, don't let them chase. They'll outrun our OL, but they can't shed them.

Defensively it's pretty simple. You win the pass rush game like the Bears did, Brady is going to struggle. You blitz him or let him sit there, he'll pick you apart still. Knowing our DC, we'll give 12 yard cushions to another QB who's old and can't sling it and let him dink and dunk all day and give up 30.

Could be a game where we run more inside zone and play Dillon. Not that he’s been bad with the outside zone stuff, but that just seems to be how we are using him mostly. 

Given what we saw against the Bears, I’m fine with allowing them to dink and dunk. Their OL is bound to give up a sack/pressure at least 1/4 passes, which should be enough for us to stop them. The danger will be if we allow Jones to get a lot of yards on first down, allowing them to stay balanced.

Statement game. With their number one WR and Vea out, with Clark back and hopefully King, I have high hopes. This D should be better. Go out, find a big plugger, preferably named Brown or Green and get it going, Pettine.

Bucs (and Brady) are overrated. This road to the NFC 1 seed is much easier than last year. I remember at midseason 2019 they had the #2 SoS in the NFL and then the teams they beat already fell apart.

The NFC went from having some daunting competition last year to a lone horse race. No team concerns me as much as Pettine.

On 10/12/2020 at 8:03 PM, packfanfb said:

What am I missing about the Bucs' defense, which I think I saw was ranked like No. 2 by PFF, whatever that means? I mean up front, Barrett is legit, but Bakh will erase him. JPP is just a name these days. Suh is pretty much just a name these days. Vea is out. Gholston is probably their biggest threat on the inside now. 

They have two very fast ILBs, yet the Bears still hurt TB over and over with passes to Montgomery and Patterson out of the backfield. 

In the secondary, Davis has a bunch of picks but is otherwise pretty overrated. Their other CBs are very average, and their best safety is a rookie. 

Frankly, I was more worried about the Saints defense. 

Sean Murphy Bunting is really good in the slot if he’s healthy. Carlton Davis is hit or miss but is as capable of getting a rare pick off of Rodgers as anyone. Extremely young secondary but between Winfield SMB Davis and Jamel Dean they’re talented 

Edited by Rodjahs12

19 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Their defense personnel wise reminds me of Dallas. This is how Dallas would look if they'd actually invest in two DTs that can eat space and a pass rush. 

However, with Vea out, I hope the Bucs defense starts to look more like Dallas. Run right at those small LBs, don't let them chase. They'll outrun our OL, but they can't shed them.

Defensively it's pretty simple. You win the pass rush game like the Bears did, Brady is going to struggle. You blitz him or let him sit there, he'll pick you apart still. Knowing our DC, we'll give 12 yard cushions to another QB who's old and can't sling it and let him dink and dunk all day and give up 30.

Totally agree.  Brady is showing his age and can't move ... period.  Get after his butt and I mean big time.  Get up on them early and put on the heat.  JUST DO IT!

49 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I know they have crowd's going to the game in Tampa, but is it enough to matter? Do they still pump in the 70 DB if they have some type of crowd there?

I know they had around 6,000 fans at their last home game. Florida's governor has pulled any limitations on fan attendance, so the city and organization can make the call on how many fans can attend.

I know Miami has still elected to keep it to a limited capacity for the time being. It will be interesting to see what Tampa does. 

The road hard count by AR12 will still be a factor. 

23 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Their offensive line can be a problem for Brady...He was chewing them out against Chicago, because of the lack of protection....