Week Six Game Day Threda: Green Bay Packers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

MacReady

12 hours ago, squire12 said:

Neat story..... except Brian Griese was the starting QB for Michigan that season.  Brady attempted 15 passes all season.

Thank you!

I yelled that at the screen and startled my wife, who thought very little of my explanation.

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick because he was a highly regarded college backup QB. 

36 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Not really... He was a backup as a sophomore. He started his last two years.

This isn't important but I was thinking about this the other day and in my head I thought Drew Henson had started some games those last couple Brady years, but looks like maybe he never really did. Henson had about 130 attempts over those two years but my memory has always been wrong because I swore they were closer to 50/50 playing time at one point.

29 minutes ago, Norm said:

This isn't important but I was thinking about this the other day and in my head I thought Drew Henson had started some games those last couple Brady years, but looks like maybe he never really did. Henson had about 130 attempts over those two years but my memory has always been wrong because I swore they were closer to 50/50 playing time at one point.

UM definitely loved Henson. He was the top prospect... Henson got some PT during Brady's last two two years. I'm thinking Brady got around 600 pass attempts and Henson around 150 attempts.

What helped Brady's stock going into the draft was his last game against Alabama in a bowl game. He had his best game of his college career and lead UM to comeback victory.

23 minutes ago, Donzo said:

UM definitely loved Henson. He was the top prospect... Henson got some PT during Brady's last two two years. I'm thinking Brady got around 600 pass attempts and Henson around 150 attempts.

What helped Brady's stock going into the draft was his last game against Alabama in a bowl game. He had his best game of his college career and lead UM to comeback victory.

I googled around more and it looks like the one year brady would start the first then henson would play the second then they'd decide who would finish the game. I think I remember that now, they started doing that one season and stopped after a few games. That must have been where I got the idea they were like 50/50. And yeah your attempts are like dead on from what I remember. I always remember think Drew looked more impressive but brady would always come back when they were down somehow. That was definitely an interesting deal. 

Good news. Hopefully King can play. Need him out there, as well as Gary who has been "limited" all week. On offense, really hope they activate EQ and throw him right into the fire on Sunday to fill Lazard's role. Even with Adams back, the Packers are basically at 2 WRs. 

Yeah I'm not expecting King to play either, which isn't good news since Godwin and Evans are off the final injury report and will both be playing. Also not good, Z was downgraded to Limited and is now listed as QUESTIONABLE

Here's the final report for both teams

EkeZoSiXYAEQ5De?format=jpg

Edited by deltarich87

2 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Yeah I'm not expecting King to play either, which isn't good news since Godwin and Evans are off the final injury report and will both be playing. Also not good, Z was downgraded to Limited and is now listed as QUESTIONABLE

Here's the final report for both teams

EkeZoSiXYAEQ5De?format=jpg

Official designations are "out", "questionable" or "in".  Limited is a practice designation, not a injury report designation.