Week Six Game Day Threda: Green Bay Packers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

MacReady

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Legitimate question looking for an answer: MLF's offense is predicated on a lot of pre-snap movement and misdirection. I didn't see that today. Why not? Was the loss of Ervin the reason? If so, why didn't someone else, like Jones, take that role? 

He ran it a lot early on using Jones IIRC. But since we were down so much we didn't run a lot of it as the game wore on. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

16 minutes ago, chillparsi1 said:

Been so long since we had a strong D, packers fans can't be blamed for forgetting that defense can be a difference maker/momentum changer. 

Yup, when you're struggling on offense, your defense steps up and does what the Bucs did. You take the ball away. You get a 3 and out and the offense loses yards on the drive. You bury the QB on 3rd down when he tries to throw. You flip the field. The Packers haven't won a game in spite of Rodgers in a very long time. In most cases, we don't even come within two-three scores. 

13 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Why not?  They have a legit D and good O with Brady.  To bad we had to play them on the road...

I said “spanked”. I don’t mind losing in a hard fought game. Getting spanked is concerning. Every team is going to look at this video when they face the packers in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

I just posted this in the post game thread:

Rob Demovsky -  Aaron Rodgers was pressured 12 times in the 38-10 loss, the most he's been under duress in a game this season. He went 2-of-7 for 10 yards (with 4 sacks and a scramble) on those plays. The Bucs blitzed him 17 times. He went 5-of-14 with two sacks and two INTs. That's tied for the most times he's been blitzed over the last two seasons, per ESPN Stats & Info.

Make sense. And teams that can do this in the playoffs are a dime a dozen.

People like to think the 49ers or Seahawks have our number (Which they did/do). But reality is [insert a team that can pressure Rodgers] and you will see him regress and overthink.

Add Dom Capers 2.0 on the other side of the ball and you are suddenly blown out.

Our record made us look better than we were. Glaring issues on defense and a great O LINE that protected Rodgers thus prevented his alter ego from showing up.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Yup, when you're struggling on offense, your defense steps up and does what the Bucs did. You take the ball away. You get a 3 and out and the offense loses yards on the drive. You bury the QB on 3rd down when he tries to throw. You flip the field. The Packers haven't won a game in spite of Rodgers in a very long time. In most cases, we don't even come within two-three scores. 

Not sure I agree with that.  I feel like the defense was the primary reason GB got off to the fast start in 2019 while the offense was struggling to get in sync.  It didn't last, but it was there for a short time.

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Not sure I agree with that.  I feel like the defense was the primary reason GB got off to the fast start in 2019 while the offense was struggling to get in sync.  It didn't last, but it was there for a short time.

The 2019 Packers defense gave up an average more than 350 yards per game and more than 25+ pts per game.

And that’s with Clark, the Smiths, Savage, and Amos.

3 minutes ago, Starchisaga said:

Have you ever been in the Room Where it Happened?  (Hamilton reference).    This reminded me of Dallas in the 90s.     Sure AR had some bad passes but after that?   ZERO penalties for ZERO yards on the Bucs?    ZERO?     The NFL wants Brady relevant.   

NFL could care less about Brady. He is old news.

The face of the NFL is now Mahomes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

They were so close to drafting Justin Jefferson. Oh so close. Friggin Vikings

No use torturing yourself, we have no proof they would have taken him. 2 years ago Derwin James fell to our laps and we traded back  Now granted it was a clever bit of draftwork from Gute to get back into the first and nab an extra first rounder for us while coming back landing Jaire. But just proving that we don't know what we woulda done even if he had been there. 

1 hour ago, PackGymRat said:

The 2019 Packers defense gave up an average more than 350 yards per game and more than 25+ pts per game.

And that’s with Clark, the Smiths, Savage, and Amos.

I don't dispute any of that.  I also don't see how that's relevant given the post I was responding to.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Like since last year long haha