Week Six Game Day Threda: Green Bay Packers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

MacReady

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Ran out of scripted plays. 

Or Rodgers is soft and wussed out after getting hit in the endzone. 

I think Rodgers fell into old habits.  Thought he had to win it all by himself. He always looks pseudo-Favrian in TB.  How many of his multiple-pick games are in that stadium?  He almost had 4 today.

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

i think we would have been fine if not for the 2nd int

that was an emotional trainwreck. I think he just got pouty after that, missed a couple throws that could have made a difference, and then everyone stopped caring

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Plays per drive:

Half our drives were 3 and outs. Completely ridiculous.

MLF is a run focused coach.

When most of your plays are built to play off a strong run game and then that run game does not show up (or you’re down by a lot) then it’s hard to have a successful offense. 

MLF needs to build AROD a game plan where he can come back in these tough games instead AROD just shuts down. This isn’t because of MLF, he’s had this problem under MM too.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Seemed like to me the offensive line got punched in the mouth all day long after those drives. Not that Rodgers got soft after taking a hit ( which he got right back up from and a few more)

Rodgers was also the only one talking **** back to Suh et al, while his OL was getting worked and he was getting hit. He may not have played well today but not sure he’s the one I’d call playing soft. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

MLF is a run focused coach.

When most of your plays are built to play off a strong run game and then that run game does not show up (or you’re down by a lot) then it’s hard to have a successful offense. 

MLF needs to build AROD a game plan where he can come back in these tough games instead AROD just shuts down. This isn’t because of MLF, he’s had this problem under MM too.

It was pretty funny seeing Arod try to sell hard play action down 21 points and then proceeds to get pummeled into the turf by an incoming Tampa defender. These deceptive run based systems that you see with Shanahan and McVay are completely useless when the running game is eliminated.

Edited by Howler

4 hours ago, PackGymRat said:

The 2019 Packers defense gave up an average more than 350 yards per game and more than 25+ pts per game.

And that’s with Clark, the Smiths, Savage, and Amos.

I understand Savage got hurt but Clark had less than 5 tackles, Amos missed a pick and the Smith Brothers were invisible.

I knew the packers were in trouble when Devin White chased down Aaron Jones out wide with ease, before he even reached the corner on a stretch play. White is a legit 4.40 speed linebacker. You knew it was going to be a long day when that packer staple play was obliterated.

Edited by Howler

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Seemed like to me the offensive line got punched in the mouth all day long after those drives. Not that Rodgers got soft after taking a hit ( which he got right back up from and a few more)

Rodgers was also the only one talking **** back to Suh et al, while his OL was getting worked and he was getting hit. He may not have played well today but not sure he’s the one I’d call playing soft. 

If any other player at any other position got blown up and then proceeded to have the god awful following two series that Rodgers delivered, that guy would be getting killed on this board. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If any other player at any other position got blown up and then proceeded to have the god awful following two series that Rodgers delivered, that guy would be getting killed on this board. 

Rodgers played like **** and everyone know it. he had his worst game of the season and worst in a long time. Same with the O line.

But at least Rodgers looked he wanted to win.

Edited by Arthur Penske

39 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Rodgers played like **** and everyone know it. he had his worst game of the season and worst in a long time. Same with the O line.

But at least Rodgers looked he wanted to win.

When?

The seven 3 and Outs after getting popped? He looked like Suh was in his head. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

When?

The seven 3 and Outs after getting popped? He looked like Suh was in his head. 

O line failed big time.  TB defensive co-ordinator rushed/blitzed Rodgers all game long; didn't sit a soft zone like Pettine.  No excuses, Rodgers didn't play well after the 2 interceptions.  That being said, WR couldn't get open, O line couldn't block, D line couldn't rush, LB couldn't cover or rush,  secondary dropped int's  ...  Total collapse overall.  A total crap the bed game and onto Houston.  Packers better be pissed and ready to kick butt after this one!

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I thought that when he took that hit in the end zone.  Eyes looked off.

Then he missed Lewis on that little seam route.  He doesn't miss that throw if he is "right".

13 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

O line failed big time.  TB defensive co-ordinator rushed/blitzed Rodgers all game long; didn't sit a soft zone like Pettine.  No excuses, Rodgers didn't play well after the 2 interceptions.  That being said, WR couldn't get open, O line couldn't block, D line couldn't rush, LB couldn't cover or rush,  secondary dropped int's  ...  Total collapse overall.  A total crap the bed game and onto Houston.  Packers better be pissed and ready to kick butt after this one!

You all are spoiled by how good this line is. 

Rodgers got sacked 4 times.

• Williams missed a blitz pickup on the first.
  • Rodgers had :21 seconds left on the game clock, had his pocket collapse, rolled out, double clutched instead of throwing it away and got sacked by Suh with 12 seconds left to make it 3rd down. Rather than rushing back to the line to try another play, he decided to jaw jack with Suh, costing us a a chance at a 3rd down play to potentially get into FG range. A smart QB throws that away and saves his team a play.
  • Wagner and Jones blew the stunt on the third sack. 
  • The Bucs brought 7 and overloaded the left side. Rodgers wanted Adams going deep instead of MVS who's corner blitzed. Rodgers deserved to get his *** blown up on this one. He deserves to get his *** blown up EVERY SINGLE TIME that he decides he doesn't want the hot read and wants to wait on Adams.