Star Wars Battlefront II

JBURGE

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, showtime said:

Battlefront II is $39 right now.  I've seen it at that price about a week and a half ago as well.  I'm thinking about picking it up.

I got a chance to play this recently and after the initial excitement subsided I found myself a little underwhelmed. The visuals are incredible but the gun play is frustrating for me. It takes forever for your shots to actually get to your target and with the roll button it's super easy to dodge fire. It seems weird that laser beams take so long to hit someone. The progression system is also dumb, it literally has no impact how well you perform in the match, only how long the match takes. 

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

I got a chance to play this recently and after the initial excitement subsided I found myself a little underwhelmed. The visuals are incredible but the gun play is frustrating for me. It takes forever for your shots to actually get to your target and with the roll button it's super easy to dodge fire. It seems weird that laser beams take so long to hit someone. The progression system is also dumb, it literally has no impact how well you perform in the match, only how long the match takes. 

I've played it a little bit, but haven't really had a chance to play it very much to make a judgment.  I don't personally know anyone else who has this game, so that's probably the biggest thing holding me back from buying it.

Can you elaborate on the end part? I'm curious. I haven't heard anyone actually talk about this game other than MTXs lol

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Can you elaborate on the end part? I'm curious. I haven't heard anyone actually talk about this game other than MTXs lol

Literally nothing other than how long the game lasted counts to your rank. Kills, assists or objective play doesn't matter to your XP at the end of the game.

Literally nothing other than how long the game lasted counts to your rank. Kills, assists or objective play doesn't matter to your XP at the end of the game.

For real? Wow

I suck so cool for me but still

Edited by NormSizedMidget

It was intentionally designed that way to encourage players to spend real money, but now that that's out of the way (probably because Disney threatened to pull the SW license from EA if they didn't comply), players have literally resorted to farming XP credits by placing rubber bands on their controllers in order to circumvent the grindy progression system.

Also, little FYI: I DID rent the game, and while the game itself is fun, the progression system kinda ruins it. It suffers the same way MvCI did in a lot of respects: a could-be great game dragged down by corporate greed (or reluctance to spend money in the case of Capcom, same thing really).

20 hours ago, showtime said:

To the people who own this game.  Forget the progression system, loot box controversy, etc.  How is the actual game play?  Is the game fun?  I'm strongly considering buying this game because it's half-off. 

Boring. Sadly it is very boring

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

How does it compare to Battlefield 1 game play wise, outside of all the unique Star Wars themed stuff.

Comparable although there is something about it that makes you feel like your getting screwed. It feels pay to win even if it isn't. Rent it, play through the story once, get your fill of multiplayer, and never touch it again. The only thing this game does well is graphics other than that there are better pay to win games, better fps games, better multiplayer shooters, better single player shooters, and better sci fi games. 

If it wasn't star wars this would be a bargain bin game.