Star Wars Battlefront II

JBURGE

1 hour ago, sunnygsm said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

This is going to be a pretty unpopular opinion, but I don't get why people feel they have a right to tell EA what to do. Lots of companies do crap like this because it makes them money. If people don't buy the game, then of course you have to adjust your model. 

I can cry all I want about not being to play as Darth Vader, but I didn't make the game. I can make an educated decision whether or not to buy the game. It's not my civic right for EA to release the game with every character unlocked lmao and people are acting like it is. 

Plenty of people pay for games like Skylanders and MUT packs and Clash of Clans, and spend hundreds on the game that they can't afford. Those people are idiots.

I agree and disagree. I simply won't be getting it. The issue is that, like with Madden, EA has an exclusive licence to Star Wars games. Anyone that wants to play a modern star wars game has to put up with this. They're using their position to exploit their customers. They're just pushing it too far. That and integrating loot crates into a multiplayer progression system is unconventional. 

Someone pointed it out to me that the outrage is because we really only figured out about the system days before release, and that now people are rushing to cancel pre-orders. I agree with that.

13 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Man I've watched some of the story mode online and the story seems very disappointing.

Do you actually expect it to be good. EA probably pushed it out the door with a bare bones story mode just so they can say they didn't make the same mistakes as the last iteration. People really need to stay away from this game. It would only take one huge title to go under for EA to realize that the money grubbing won't be tolerated. 

3 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Just another reason not to pre order. It is so pointless. 

The only reason I pre-ordered is because the game went on sale during E3 for $49.99 canadian. Retail is $79.99. 

Other than that I have stopped pre-ordering any game not Zelda/Mario. I still have full faith in Nintendo lol

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:
15 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Man I've watched some of the story mode online and the story seems very disappointing.

Do you actually expect it to be good. EA probably pushed it out the door with a bare bones story mode just so they can say they didn't make the same mistakes as the last iteration. People really need to stay away from this game. It would only take one huge title to go under for EA to realize that the money grubbing won't be tolerated. 

The problem is that the multiplayer gameplay is said to be very good. I want to play it, and I will. I don't feel bad at all for it because I am going to pay $50 and not a dime after that. 

Just now, Spartacus said:

I meant the story itself not the length or playability. I don't know about that. I just saw the cut screens. Spoiler alert, the Empire is evil. 

I agree and disagree. I simply won't be getting it. The issue is that, like with Madden, EA has an exclusive licence to Star Wars games. Anyone that wants to play a modern star wars game has to put up with this. They're using their position to exploit their customers. They're just pushing it too far. That and integrating loot crates into a multiplayer progression system is unconventional. 

The worst thing about this is that EAs license with the NFL if estimated to be a fairly large amount. If there was even a strike for one year on Madden I think they would either dump the licensing or have to drastically improve the product.  

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

The worst thing about this is that EAs license with the NFL if estimated to be a fairly large amount. If there was even a strike for one year on Madden I think they would either dump the licensing or have to drastically improve the product.  

Madden I def agree with. I would boycott madden for a year. But with Star Wars, what else is there? I'd sadly just rather play the broken game. I just won't buy any micro's

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Fair enough. I guess my point to put it short is the outrage now against MTXs as a whole doesn't match what's happening, minutes BFII and some others. 

For the most part I don't feel like I'm screwed, basically ever, by them. But I understand the fear of what they can/will become. Hell as I understand it, since there's so much outrage against even cosmetics there's an idea out there but the publishers that you might as well just have them lean to p2w because "everyone's gonna be mad anyways and these sell far better." That type of thing.

At the same time I understand they've basically accepted a $60 cap for decades now. Literally nothing else I can think of hasn't inflated expect video game prices. So I suppose that's the idea. Fill the gap with MTXs and dlc. I sort of get it, if I'm being honest.

Bingo. Sales department has to show growth in a way outside of base product sales if the price is static.

• Like 1