Week 6: New York Jets (0-5) @ Miami Dolphins (2-3)

TheKillerNacho

Isn't this a trap dealio with the hapless Jets? It's Tuesday and it seems that Miami peeps are still basking in the glow of last Sunday, not thinking of next week's game:

"We could've dropped a FIDDY BURGER on the defending NFC Champ 49ers but mercy kneeled at the end instead of scoring another TD." 

Focus on the Jets is gonna be difficult after that win. Let's go Flores, get them dialed-in. 

I don't ever discount divisional rivalries, akin to how we have somehow managed to be thorn in the Patriots side at least one game a year, the Jets easily perform that same function with the Dolphins. With that caveat in mind, I loved what I saw against, an admittedly depleted, 49er team and on paper it would seem that should be the same result this week. Flores has me believing and I bet he will have his players focused on this game.  

5 hours ago, FinSting said:

Isn't this a trap dealio with the hapless Jets? It's Tuesday and it seems that Miami peeps are still basking in the glow of last Sunday, not thinking of next week's game:

"We could've dropped a FIDDY BURGER on the defending NFC Champ 49ers but mercy kneeled at the end instead of scoring another TD." 

Focus on the Jets is gonna be difficult after that win. Let's go Flores, get them dialed-in. 

Luckily, its the Jets.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deadeye said:

This is the kind of game the old Miami loses.  The Jets almost always play us very tough.

This Jets team is pathetic though, one of the worst teams I have seen. Definitely the worst Jets team I have seen since I became a fan. 37 year old Frank Gore ain't threatening anyone in the run game. Our only good offensive player is Crowder who is having a good year. Our defense is really, really bad without Jamal Adams. The Dolphins offense been playing pretty good so I think they will put up points, I mean the Broncos backup QB put up 37 points on us lol. 

On 10/15/2020 at 11:33 AM, NYJets4716 said:

This Jets team is pathetic though, one of the worst teams I have seen. Definitely the worst Jets team I have seen since I became a fan. 37 year old Frank Gore ain't threatening anyone in the run game. Our only good offensive player is Crowder who is having a good year. Our defense is really, really bad without Jamal Adams. The Dolphins offense been playing pretty good so I think they will put up points, I mean the Broncos backup QB put up 37 points on us lol. 

At this point in the lives of Phins/Jets fans, it's essentially a race to the bottom to see who can be more pessimistic.  One of us will win, and the others will feel validated in their doom and gloom.

I do admit that at this juncture Miami appears to be turning the ship around, at least a little bit.  But if there's one thing the last 20 years has taught me, it's that the Phins can f-up anything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCKu5rbL2_Q

Edited by Deadeye

While this should be considered a trap game, Gase is sooooooo bad, that even trying to coach for his career doesn't help him.  With last week's game still remotely in play(down two scores in the 4th is close at this point because they suck so bad) the jets wound up in a 2nd and 26. His solution was a tail back dive with 37 year old Frank Gore.... It lost a yard...

Earlier in the game on third and one at the ten yard line he opted to run a TE dive. TE got stuffed. TV announcers showed the open cut back lane that, because it was a TE and not an RB that is used to looking for cutbacks, he missed it and got swallowed up for a loss/no gain. You would think on 4th down he would have just ran the QB sneak. Nope. Handoff up the middle no gain again. Turnover on downs at the 10...

The Dolphins should win this one easy.