Week 6 GDT: Washington Football Team vs. NY Giants @ 1:05 est

Giants4eva

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Has Bradberry been following around opposing #1s or does he primarily stay at LCB?

He would follow around DK Metcalf and Justin Jefferson had the Eagles drafted them over JJ Arcega Whiteside and Jalen Reagor.  But they didn't... so he won't...

Don't mind me.  Misery likes company lol

A few other things I noticed about yesterday:

-PFF had the OL surrendering only 5 pressures, but we only passed 20 times. 25% pressure rate is still not good. WFT does have a great front, and PFF is extremely liberal with assigning pressures (their criteria for a pressure is much more broad than any other advanced statkeeping source), so its not the worst thing to see a pressure rate around 1/4, but the OL isn't absolved yet. They didn't magically get a lot better overnight. It helped that Peart got a bit more than 50% of the LT snaps and played great. From the broadcast angle/eye test/what I remember, Hernandez also played really well yesterday, and Gates keeps improving. 

-A big talking point this year has been "pre-snap motion". I've seen a lot of people call for more pre-snap motion, because good offenses like the Chiefs do it a lot. Mind you, there is absolutely no direct link between having pre-snap motion and it leading to a good offense (tons of confounding variables), but the Giants did use a lot of pre-snap motion yesterday. I think I counter about 4 occasions where Dion Lewis was motioned out wide, then motioned back in to help Jones diagnose the coverage before the snap. Why this wasn't done more before, I dont know. It is the easiest way to help a young QB pre-snap. 

-Tae Crowder was a lot better this week than last week. He got washed out way too much last week. Again, circumstances help (he wasn't exposed as much because Washington didn't run very much), but he definitely played better. His speed is impressive. Martinez was playing hurt, so he was a half step slower than normal at times, so it really helped out that Crowder stepped up. 

-Love the willingness of the coaches to cycle through CBs until they found one who could play. Ryan Lewis isn't a world beater, but he's way better than Yiadom and Ballentine. His tip yesterday was a really athletic, impressive play. 

-Speaking of Lewis, if Gettleman stays, it might be because of the strength of this FA class. There is a legitimate case that all of our best players this year were brought in just this year as FAs: Bradberry, Martinez, Gano, Fackrell, and Logan Ryan. 

-Matt Peart. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I only noticed him on one good run block.  In general I was impressed with the Giants offensive line yesterday, run blocking in particular.  The WTF has a fairly talented D-line.

Regardless of their draft position, Judge should play the better player.  Even though he was a third rounder, he has all the tools to be a good one. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

-Speaking of Lewis, if Gettleman stays, it might be because of the strength of this FA class. There is a legitimate case that all of our best players this year were brought in just this year as FAs: Bradberry, Martinez, Gano, Fackrell, and Logan Ryan.

Logan Ryan was constantly around the ball yesterday.  That is the role I think they want Xavier McKinney to play. 

Martinez was too, and has been all year.  Easily worth his contract so far.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Logan Ryan was constantly around the ball yesterday.  That is the role I think they want Xavier McKinney to play. 

Martinez was too, and has been all year.  Easily worth his contract so far.

Funnily enough, Ryan easily had his worst tackling game to date, but will still be remembered as an important part of the win due to the few flash plays he made. Goes to show how important flash plays actually are.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

You gotta keep making the gameday threads. You have the magic touch

"at the very least showing signs of improvement on defense. Enough so that it may carry us to a win this weekend. "

Just had a feeling our D could carry this one. Cheers to this moment LOL

28 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

To think we could’ve had Josh Allen (talking about the edge rusher, although we could’ve have both Josh Allen’s had we not drafted Saquon).

Yes, we have made many bad decisions over the past 5 years 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

To think we could’ve had Josh Allen (talking about the edge rusher, although we could’ve have both Josh Allen’s had we not drafted Saquon).

I liked Josh Allen too, but until this year he was pretty bad.  He was always a high ceiling, low floor prospect.  It was unlikely that he was going to reach his potential.  Research shows that it's difficult for QBs to improve accuracy, and he had accuracy issues in college, and in his first two seasons in the NFL.  This year he has bucked the trend, but I suspect he will regress to the mean eventually. 

Well, the feeling is sinking in that we've finally won a game. In dramatic fashion, no less. I was ticked off when we gave up that score at the end of the half, but it all turned out okay. Watching the highlights I can see more clearly that Jones' INT shouldn't have been an INT at all (elbow landed out of bounds). Still, when DJ is throwing it out the back of the endzone he needs to HEAVE that damn thing. 

It was ugly, but a great team effort and a huge moment for Judge. Hope C.J. Board is going to be all right. Looking forward to Thursday, and go Giants!

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1