Can Steelers win Super Bowl LV?

Championshiporbust

I realize that Super Bowls still use Roman Numerals, but I had to double check that was THIS year.

CAN they? Sure. They have a solid offense, veteran HOF QB, with the potential for elite defense. They also play in a brutal division where the 3rd place team is 4-1, so their likelihood of earning a bye isn't good. Throw in the Chiefs and other teams who may cause them some issues (Hi Bill Bilicheck and the Buffalo Bills), and I'd say that their odds would be better in the NFC, because the NFC is nowhere near as good this year.

• Like 3

Yeah I definitely think so, I'm high on them despite them not really playing anyone yet. The Browns game will tell us A LOT! Mouth watering

They have, for my money, a top 3 D which includes the best pass rushing tandem so far, Ben is still slinging it, the WR factory is churning them out etc.

The battle of the North between Balt, Pit and Cle (yeah, seriously) is going to be intense. Can't wait.

Definitely. If you were going to make this thread about an undefeated team, should have been Seattle IMO - teams with a defense that bad don't win the Super Bowl. They'll need to turn that around.

I think one of these teams win the AFC: Chiefs, Bills, Steelers, Ravens - Titans/Colts, Browns, Patriots fight for the last three playoff spots.

In the NFC I think it's: Packers, Rams, Saints, Seahawks, or Bucs that will win the NFC - then the Bears, Panthers and Cardinals fight for the last playoff spot, while someone has to win the NFC East.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

They literally have not beaten a good team this season. 

Conversely, they haven't lost to a bad team either.
And that's a good start
The next four are home vs Browns followed by a 3 game road trip to @ Tenn, @ BAL and @ DAL
We should know more then

• Like 1

Depends on how they do in their division. The Ravens have picked up where they left off in 2019 and the Browns look much better. What the Steelers have going for them is a playoff pedigree, a good offense, and a top five defense. Plus they haven't been decimated by injuries like some teams.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Packers are easy favorites to win the Superbowl this year.

Why?  Who have the Packers beaten so far?  They might be as good as they have looked, or they could be just like they have been in other years where they make it to the playoffs and get ceremoniously bounced by a team that actually knows how to play defense.
(or are you trying the reverse jinx?  Hahaha.)

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 3