Can Steelers win Super Bowl LV?

Championshiporbust

I don’t understand this thread. I think the Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Titans, Bills, Patriots, Packers, Buccaneers, Seahawks are all fully capable of winning the Super Bowl. 

I’m sure I’ll get a quote why the Pats are on there and what about the Browns, Raiders, Saints, and Rams. Pats are one of the best 2-2 teams I have seen in a long time. They only lost to the Chiefs because of no Cam and outplayed them all game. Plus lost last second to Seattle. Plus Bellichick in the playoffs? Yeah. 

I don’t trust the Rams, one of the easiest schedules in NFL History so far. Browns are a year away at least from even thinking about reaching that big game. I also don’t think Brees arm is good enough to get the Saints there, although I have no doubt they will be a playoff team. 

First off, yes the Steelers are more than capable of winning the Super Bowl this year. But that said, this is one of my biggest pet peeves:

4 hours ago, Championshiporbust said:

The Pittsburgh Steelers look good, they haven't won a Super Bowl in 12 years, haven't been in a Super Bowl in 10 years. 

Can Big Ben win one more and ride in the sunset before Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrow dominate the AFC North?

Why is this notable? There are multiple franchises that have never made a Super Bowl, let alone win one. Pittsburgh is one of the most decorated NFL franchises and they appear to have a very solid team again this year. Stop with the fluff the media throws in ("breaks two-game losing streak", "their first win in six-days", etc.)

• Like 2

I did not like the Steelers chances before the season started.

With all these huge injuries to the teams ahead of or close to them (in theory) its a different dynamic now.

• KC has lost Osemele (after losing LDT to Opt Out)
  • SF has lost _______ (fill in the blanks)
  • Tampa lost Vita Vea and OJ Howard
  • Colts lost Hooker and Mack
  • Cleveland is dealing with a bunch of injures
  • Dallas had a chance to be good but the lost their top 3 OTs and LVE long term. (and now Dak and a pair of DTs)

Then you have the apparent top teams with serious flaws.

• Seattle can't stop anyone on D (except for some miracle last play win stops)
    • 21st in points and 32nd in yards
  • New Orleans D has been bad

Baltimore in their division got crushed by KC and 3 of their 4 wins are against 1 win teams. (yes, they killed Cleveland)

Green Bay's opponents points per game when not facing Green Bay

• Lions - 28.3
  • Falcons - 32.8
  • Saints - 28.3
  • Vikings - 27.3

Are the Packers a great team? We have no idea yet.

Add in that they are stacked at WR again with Claypool showing up big time as a rookie.

Pittsburgh has as good a chance as anyone else to win it, maybe?

BUT * All 4 of their games have been against 1 win teams, so we don't really know just how good they are, even if they look good so far.

Yes, the team that is barely surviving against Daniel Jones, Jeff Driskel and Carson Wentz are contenders. It really seems like the NFL world is trying to force this "Steelers are contenders" narrative down our throats, when in reality I don't think they're contenders at all.

They're failing to look impressive even against horrible teams (DEN, NYG and PHI). They have a below-average run game. Big Ben is among the league's worst deep ball passers this year, and their defense is massively overrated considering the competition they've faced.

Will they make the playoffs? Who knows - the AFCN is strong this year and the schedules between Baltimore and Cleveland are very soft. I don't think they're contenders for the SB though.

No... We can't. We simply do not have an offense that can reliably show up every week. And our Cornerbacks have regressed terribly at this point. Finally, while it is nice to be beating bad teams for once, we're not putting them away. Plain and simple, the Ravens and Chiefs are markedly better than us and it would take all sorts of luck to not have to play both of them and beat them...

7 hours ago, showtime said:

I mean, they've beaten the Giants, Broncos, Texans, and Eagles.

The Giants are are 0-4. 

The Broncos are 1-3,

The Texans are 0-4.

The Eagles are 1-2-1

They literally have not beaten a good team this season. 

First of all, we have beaten every team on our schedule. We didn't make our schedule.

Secondly, could they? Yes. Will they? Idk. Its a long season and we have a tough schedule on the back end, especially with the bye week change. 

7 hours ago, showtime said:

I mean, they've beaten the Giants, Broncos, Texans, and Eagles.

The Giants are are 0-4. 

The Broncos are 1-3,

The Texans are 0-4.

The Eagles are 1-2-1

They literally have not beaten a good team this season. 

Yeah.... I wasn't too impressed with them on Sunday. Not saying they aren't a solid team.

But, Super Bowl? Idk about all that lol