Can Steelers win Super Bowl LV?

Championshiporbust

14 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm neither of those jabronis, but I'll toss my opinion in.

I'd take your opinion over the majority on most things, tbf :D 

14 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The run game has been pretty average. We've had a 100 yard rusher in most of our games, but we haven't really been that good. I think our run game will improve, though. The offense is still kind of gelling, which is pretty impressive IMO. 

OK. I was asking because with my initial appraisal (excellent D, well coached, good culture) a running game would just cement it in my mind that they are a top candidate for sure.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 3:29 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

I'd take your opinion over the majority on most things, tbf :D 

OK. I was asking because with my initial appraisal (excellent D, well coached, good culture) a running game would just cement it in my mind that they are a top candidate for sure.

His assessment is 100% spot on. That said, part of our running struggles thus far may be due to the fact that our interior line shuffling for 2/4 games so far due to injuries as well as Fichtner's desire to use the short passing game to supplement/augment the running game. But at the end of the day I don't think we're anything special on the ground. Our offense will live an die with our WRs showing up on a consistent basis with a differnet guy stepping up each week.

I know this is just a fun exercise but It's silly to talk about them winning the SB after a 4-0 start and just as silly to say they have no chance because of the outcome of their games vs their opponents thus far.

To join in on the exercise though I'll say no right now. I just don't think they could make the playoff run without a stumble along the way. I'd say they are the 4th or 5th best option to represent the AFC right now. Probably won't improve this week but it could get lower with a loss because the Browns aren't one of the teams I have ahead of them. I'd go Chiefs, Ravens, Titans and then Bills/Steelers.

• Like 1