MikeT14

Jets looking to trade Bell before deadline

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Seattle would make sense. 

I wouldn't mind it Chris Carson usually gets banged up near the end of the season so it would be good insurance.

Kinda forgot about Hyde  so maybe it wouldn't be a good fit he would probably be the 3rd on the depth chart.

Edited by Sacks98

1 hour ago, Eagles23 said:

Do the Jets even use him the receiving game? That was the point of paying him 

Targetted 1 time against the cardinals with captain checkdown himself Joe Flacco.

Gase simply doesn't design or call RB or TE centric pass plays. He relies solely on wrs even when his offense has no wrs.

I don't understand all the hate for Bell... This is pretty clearly all Adam Gase. Dude is a terrible coach and human.

Bell got a fat sack of cash without having to actually sacrifice his body, and he isn't even doggin in NY. His coach just sucks so much that he refuses to use any of his own playmakers. That's not on Bell.

Then again, I feel like I was defending AB until the moment he set foot in Oakland and actually saw what he was about... so...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, August4th said:

steelers really did come out on top after the AB/Bell saga from last yr

That was three years ago. Don't tell me otherwise.

28 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I don't understand all the hate for Bell... This is pretty clearly all Adam Gase. Dude is a terrible coach and human.

Bell got a fat sack of cash without having to actually sacrifice his body, and he isn't even doggin in NY. His coach just sucks so much that he refuses to use any of his own playmakers. That's not on Bell.

Then again, I feel like I was defending AB until the moment he set foot in Oakland and actually saw what he was about... so...

Its simple logic.

• People are blaming his lack of success on the Jets team around him (poor baby can't elevate teammates or break tackles)
  • People are also ignoring that his Steelers teammates were incredible at O-Line, QB, and WR.
  • People are also ignoring the fact that almost every RB who has replaced Bell has performed close to Bell's level in Pittsburgh for some period of time.
    • DeAngelo Williams (1274 from scrimmage and 11 TDs in 10 starts in 2015)
    • James Connor (1470 and 12 TDs in 12 starts in 2018)
    • Even Jaylen Samuels had 328 yards from scrimmage in 3 starts when Connor got hurt in 2018
    • This does not mean these guys are as good as Bell, it means he had a massive advantage in that offense.

His running style in Pittsburgh was actually "Stand there until my O-lineman destroys someone and then run through that gaping hole in the D"

He had big value for that team in that system with that line. Its a complete guess if he will have value anywhere else.

Why would anyone guess at 12 million a year?

Edited by SkippyX

My fantasy team is begging for such a move. Lev Bell on a successful team could be a monster...

So Bell wanted a big contract because he was scared of getting injured and not producing the same

So far he has been right, he'd be lucky to get the same contract again. 

He was kinda right.

The Jets will ship off the rest of their limited talent pool before actually solving the problem by firing Gase. 

Would be a good fit in Chicago.

Gase is a Guru and a genius. Look what happened to Robby Anderson since he left.

If I'm Mike Tomlin, I trade a 7th Round pick for him just so I can bring him into my office and cut him again.

• Like 2

After the AB situation and Bell burning his Bridges in New York what team could possibly get on bored with this?