Jump to content

Jets looking to trade RB Le'Veon Bell


Recommended Posts

I think a good HC would like to be on the Jets. You are probably getting the number 1 pick so you can take a QB who is the best QB prospect since Luck and then you have another first round pick and 2 more next year. You then have a ton of cap space which I think is top 3 in the NFL. The sky is the limit on what you want to do with this team. The 2 biggest problems are going to be the owners and JD. I'm afraid that if JD makes all the decisions on rosters with out the HC input that is going to be another problem. The HC MUST have say on who will work in his system. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I believe he deleted pretty much all his Jets posts as wel. But yes in theory you're right. His and adams' antics couldn't be more different. I can understand Bell's frustration. I couldn't understand Adams stance besides just trying to force his way out.

Adams just couldn’t stand Gase and was going to do whatever he could to get off this sinking ship. Can’t say I blame him anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, xrade said:

Agree 100%.  IIRC, isn't this why we were able to get interviews with Klingsbury, Rhule, Monken, McCarthy and others?  The promise of a good QB prospect (Darnold)?  Our situation should be even better in 2021 -  Potential #1 pick, draft capital, FA capital (in a year when teams will have to dump good players because of the salary cap).  Of course the negative is ownership, at least to some.  

I don't think getting a quality HC candidate will be an issue.  In fact, you could argue the Atlanta situation is worse.  $37M over the cap, old QB, WR chewing up cap space they can't get out of.  At least Houston has a good, young QB even if their cap situation is a little tight, so that might be a toss-up.

Chris Johnson wouldn't let Rhule pick his coaching staff.  $hit like that is what will drive people away from the Jets.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Adams just couldn’t stand Gase and was going to do whatever he could to get off this sinking ship. Can’t say I blame him anymore.

I think it was several reasons he forced his way out.

Bell's situation was nothing similar. Bell wasn't even being used properly for us. We have 0 WRs and he rarely catches the ball. That's a coaching issue of course. And I totally get that frustration. Bc its not just this year. Its been his whole time here. We thought the OL was a big reason why last year and even with a better OL he still isn't being used right. I actually feel bad for Bell. Where as Adams can get injured tomorrow and I wouldn't bat an eye at it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think it was several reasons he forced his way out.

Bell's situation was nothing similar. Bell wasn't even being used properly for us. We have 0 WRs and he rarely catches the ball. That's a coaching issue of course. And I totally get that frustration. Bc its not just this year. Its been his whole time here. We thought the OL was a big reason why last year and even with a better OL he still isn't being used right. I actually feel bad for Bell. Where as Adams can get injured tomorrow and I wouldn't bat an eye at it.

Bell handled things more professionally but I'll never get the Adams hate.  We all see how poisonous this organization is.  I'd rather see a former favorite Jet of mine succeed somewhere else instead of a HOF talent being dragged down.  I hope Bell catches on somewhere for his sake and for the Jets sake.  If Bell starts producing it should be an eye opener for Johnson that this isn't working out here.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's pretty much it. I honestly don't blame players for going to social media because it's the only thing organizations seem to respond to. Adams didn't like we were listening to offers for him and didn't speak to him, He was getting played with during the contract talks according to him, and we were losing under a coach no one wanted. He called the coaching out. 

Bell had his issues with coaching as well, but it was about how he was being used. I don't blame him. He's been a great personality to have around, tried to calm Adams down when the trade rumors came up, and got into the best shape of his life after Gase said he would try to use him. When we were losing last year, he still kept a positive mindset. 

I wish the best for Adams & Bell, but I'm moving forward and hoping this next coach can give free agents & draft prospects hope. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Chris Johnson wouldn't let Rhule pick his coaching staff.  $hit like that is what will drive people away from the Jets.

This is exactly why this team will go no where underneath him. I don’t think even Woody would be this foolish. We’re screwed with CJ at the helm 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

This is exactly why this team will go no where underneath him. I don’t think even Woody would be this foolish. We’re screwed with CJ at the helm 

I always felt like Woody was the "go do whatever you need to do I'll just sign the checks" guy.  We were very close to a great marriage between him, Rex and Tanny but trading away all those draft picks hurt us.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think a good HC would like to be on the Jets. You are probably getting the number 1 pick so you can take a QB who is the best QB prospect since Luck and then you have another first round pick and 2 more next year. You then have a ton of cap space which I think is top 3 in the NFL. The sky is the limit on what you want to do with this team. The 2 biggest problems are going to be the owners and JD. I'm afraid that if JD makes all the decisions on rosters with out the HC input that is going to be another problem. The HC MUST have say on who will work in his system. 

From the sounds of it, JD is a good communicator and will receive input from the coaches.  I think it could be a desirable destination for the fact that they do have flexibility in building a roster and potentially adding a Trevor Lawrence on a rookie deal for 5 years.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Chris Johnson wouldn't let Rhule pick his coaching staff.  $hit like that is what will drive people away from the Jets.

True, but it did not keep Rhule from interviewing.  Such was my point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shannon Sharpe put it pretty bluntly this morning and was correct.

We are a team starving for talent especially on offense and we just threw away 6million dollars to let arguably our best talent to not be in our locker room. Imagine that. Its not like we have this star RB behind him that now takes the job. Its a washed up 37yr old who has been bad this year. 

This move makes no sense at all. And has me questioning yet another GM of ours. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Like losing Bell will make it worse on the field.  

Dumping Bell makes sense to both parts.  According to Espn article, he has 8m injury guarantee in 2021 so do you really think Jets keep him around and not play him enough for the rest of the season.  This 8m guarantee had teams at pause.  JD had no choice but released him. 

 

JD did right thing in that situation but he completely mismanaged the franchise plan.  Should've traded Bell before the season began.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is now being reported that the Raiders, Pats and Miami called about trading for Bell. This is a complete joke if JD cut him lose for nothing when you could have picked up a defat pick or two. Heck you could have even swapped picks to move up a round or 2. I would have moved him to the Raiders and kept him from getting back in the AFC East. This is on JD if it is true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...