If we cant land Lawrence which vet qb do we kick the tires on

Vladimir L

22 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

worked with kirk but we ran hik out o town

also worked with trent green left town

We didn’t run Kirk out of town, he never wanted to be here. He hated it when he got drafted here. I tried telling everyone on here multiple times that he never had intentions of signing a long-term deal here and would only do so if it was way over market value. Trade was our best option but we blew that one too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We didn’t run Kirk out of town, he never wanted to be here. He hated it when he got drafted here. I tried telling everyone on here multiple times that he never had intentions of signing a long-term deal here and would only do so if it was way over market value. Trade was our best option but we blew that one too. 

I dunno. I think there was a time we could've signed him when he wanted around $21m and we offered like $13m. That wasn't way over market value. 

After that? Yeah. He wanted out and knew exactly how to force his freedom. And personally, I don't blame him one bit.

And yeah, we blew the trade option as well. We could've traded him for a 1st and we ended up with a comp 3rd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

At this point? Let's see what the kid can do.

I think its way too early for him. Hes raw. Last quarter of the season though. Might as well give him experience and test whats there.

Plus hes a kid. He can absorb the OLs failings. Give Kyle or whoever some relief.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

worked with kirk but we ran hik out o town

also worked with trent green left town

Trent Green wasn’t drafted by Washington. He was acquired as a free agent after he played a year in NFL Europe. It did work for Rypien though.

Casserly said he wanted to keep Trent Green but with the team being sold it screwed up free agency and they couldn’t get it done. They didn’t have an owner yet so couldn’t do the franchise tag either but, Casserly wanted to beat the Rams offer or franchise Trent but the owner situation didn’t let it happen. Casserly did have control of the draft and that’s how he acquired Brad Johnson in that big trade which paid off in 1999 but Dan wanted BJ gone in 2020 so, Tampa got the Super Bowl with BJ two years later when it may have been ours.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I think its way too early for him. Hes raw. Last quarter of the season though. Might as well give him experience and test whats there.

Plus hes a kid. He can absorb the OLs failings. Give Kyle or whoever some relief.

I watched a lot of Colorado games because I absolutely loved his buddy who’s down in Jacksonville now. Laviska was pretty much appointment viewing for me until he got hurt. 

There were times when Montez would do things that would make you go “wow!” In the sense that he has a huge arm and can make really athletic plays on the move. And then there were just as many times that he’d do things that would make you go “wowww.” In the sense that it was either a remarkably bad idea or a particularly bad play. Hugely inconsistent, but the flashes were definitely there. 

I think he’s gonna need a ton of coaching and probably years of NFL level “QB school” to get his mental/fundamental game up to the standard expected in the league. But he’s got all the tools, which is not the kinda thing you can typically say of a UDFA pickup. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think we could’ve locked up Kirk after 2015 but after we franchised him he wasn’t going to stay unless our offer was something in no way he could turn down and even then, he still didn’t want to be here after the 2016 season.

You read that situation 100% right. Allen of course couldn’t see the forest for the trees. We could’ve probably gotten the 49ers 2017 2nd and a 4th or 5th for Kirk after his 2016 season but Bruce would’ve even entertain it.

On 10/14/2020 at 7:43 PM, turtle28 said:

Trent Green wasn’t drafted by Washington. He was acquired as a free agent after he played a year in NFL Europe. It did work for Rypien though.

Casserly said he wanted to keep Trent Green but with the team being sold it screwed up free agency and they couldn’t get it done. They didn’t have an owner yet so couldn’t do the franchise tag either but, Casserly wanted to beat the Rams offer or franchise Trent but the owner situation didn’t let it happen. Casserly did have control of the draft and that’s how he acquired Brad Johnson in that big trade which paid off in 1999 but Dan wanted BJ gone in 2020 so, Tampa got the Super Bowl with BJ two years later when it may have been ours.

We developed him and made him what he was. That 1999 had potential but Dan dropped the ball building the 1989 pro bowl team

• Like 1