This Giants game is the Win Division, or Tank Season game, imo.

aceinthehouse

Here we are sitting at 1-4 overall, but 1-0 in Division because of the win vs Eagles.

The NFC East is terrible with a combined record of 4-15-1 record.

I believe the Division will come down to who wins the most Divisional games.

So here we are playing @ the Giants this Sunday who are 0-5. They played well vs the Rams a week ago & almost beat Dallas this last Sunday.

Believe it or not?

If we win & Dallas & Philly lose? We will be back in 1st place with a 2-4 record, but most importantly? 2-0 inside the Division.

It would probably mean that (emphasizing UDFA) Kyle Allen did enough to rally the team to victory.

And at minimum, would keep us on pace to winning the Division, with a HUGE game coming up next week vs Dallas with Andy Dalton at the helm. (Which would be huge since Dak seem to have our number)

HOWEVER....

If we lose to the 0-5 Giants, we would help our draft status & it would be a clear indication of how & what we are as a football team.

Pathetic

Because the Giants have nothing...nobody.

Their main weapon Barkley is out for the year & OC Jason Garrett is not using Daniel Jones anything like he was used last year. Their Defense, is also horrible.

So if we lose to the Giants, I can support getting in TANK mode for the season & getting a top 3 Draft pick.

But beat the Giants....?

Hell no...

We're going all the way, baby! 🏈🥂😜🤓

But that's how much this game means to me, in the direction of this season.

We need to tank. This team needs to suck badly so we can get better talent coming in via the draft. We need a QB, OL, LB, TE, S, and WR. And I'm also not forgetting RB. Only place where I think we're actually decently ok (still not 100% about though) is at CB.

The rest? Yeah we need help in the worst way. So we need to be drafting at the top of each round.

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

We need to tank. This team needs to suck badly so we can get better talent coming in via the draft. We need a QB, OL, LB, TE, S, and WR. And I'm also not forgetting RB. Only place where I think we're actually decently ok (still not 100% about though) is at CB.

The rest? Yeah we need help in the worst way. So we need to be drafting at the top of each round.

I agree we need the talent on this team.

But we also need stability. Another 3-13 season or worse & there will probably be rumblings of coaches getting fired.

Players wanting to leave or Hold out. Scherff will probably walk to a better destination he feels.

Rivera may retire cause of sickness...

Bad seasons don't always have good results. High draft picks, sure.

But when does the losing stop?

A division win even at 7-9, could be huge for this team.

A hopeful true culture change

Players wanting to stay, because they see progress.

Coaches staying on, etc.

We still will have the draft & a lot of cap to address positions in FA.

I'm so tired of this team losing...

28 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I agree we need the talent on this team.

But we also need stability. Another 3-13 season or worse & there will probably be rumblings of coaches getting fired.

No one is even close to getting fired. Rivera is apparently going to be coach/gm-for-life. The OC/DC and position coaches? Yeah, they might be on the hotseat though. Snyder is not going to fire his HC after one season

Players wanting to leave or Hold out. Scherff will probably walk to a better destination he feels.

At this point, I'm not sure I want him back unless he gives us a discount for always being injured.

Rivera may retire cause of sickness...

In which case, I'd want the new coach to have the #1 pick

Bad seasons don't always have good results. High draft picks, sure.

That would be a positive result. What's the positive result from winning 5 games and being out of the reach of getting any of the QBs we'd want?

But when does the losing stop?

When this team decides to suck badly enough so we can restock the cupboard. For 20 years we've been bad enough not to make the playoffs but just good enough to miss out on the extreme top tier talent in the draft (which is where a team should be focusing on getting talent)

A division win even at 7-9, could be huge for this team.

No it won't. 7-9. We finish as a division winner. Guess what? We host and lose a playoff game. Now, instead of being somewhere in the early teens picking (at 7-9) we're picking after the 21st pick (not looking right now, but the early 20s is where the playoff teams start picking regardless of W/L record). So a 9-7 that missed out on the playoffs could pick before us.

Go back and see how many times bad teams follow up a good season with another good season. It doesn't happen much.

A hopeful true culture change

Not with this bunch. We have "anonymous sources" still bad mouthing players to the media. Culture hasn't changed one bit

Players wanting to stay, because they see progress.

Only way to see progress is to win. Only way to win is to get talent on the field and not play the tomato cans we have on the OL, TE and at LB.

Coaches staying on, etc.

We had that with Gruden. Didn't help

We still will have the draft & a lot of cap to address positions in FA.

Hence my point. I want to be in the position to select the best possible player in each round. 

As for FA, we'll have cap space. We should use it and overpay if we have to to get players in here.

I'm so tired of this team losing...

Me too. But sometimes you really have to excise the rotted tissue before the body can heal

• Like 1

I agree top 5 pick in theory would help the team if we hit on the QB since we threw in the towel on Haskins.

But I'd argue that stealing the division could help us rebuild a lot quicker in Free agency,I think if we'd been close to winning the division last year Hooper prob takes our offer over Browns,Cooper mighta took the money instead of staying in Dallas.

Top 5 picks are fun for Fans but I doubt 1or prob even 2 draft classes turn around all the holes we have and constant turnover will stunt growth of Young players too.

I think we win at least 2 or 3 of next 6 and end up with a pick closer to 10 then to 1 and not make anything but miss out on top 3 qbs in draft

3 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I agree top 5 pick in theory would help the team if we hit on the QB since we threw in the towel on Haskins.

But I'd argue that stealing the division could help us rebuild a lot quicker in Free agency,I think if we'd been close to winning the division last year Hooper prob takes our offer over Browns,Cooper mighta took the money instead of staying in Dallas.

Top 5 picks are fun for Fans but I doubt 1or prob even 2 draft classes turn around all the holes we have and constant turnover will stunt growth of Young players too.

I think we win at least 2 or 3 of next 6 and end up with a pick closer to 10 then to 1 and not make anything but miss out on top 3 qbs in draft

Should we make a play for Sam Darnold in a trade?

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Should we make a play for Sam Darnold in a trade?

After the season if he's cheap enough,Don't think he'll be cheap unless they get #1 overall and everyone knows he's gone.Feel, like Dewayne he shown he needs more help then what we currently would have for him so would be useless to me to trade for him giving up stuff we need to help the next QB.

• Like 1

The Cowboys are the best team in the division bc of their skill position talent on offense. The Eagles will win at least 5 games bc of they have the best QB in the division and a great DL. I used to think we’d finish 3rd and win 5 games but that was when Ioannidis and Steven Sims were healthy, before we cut Peterson and Sean Davis and obviously before we benched Haskins. I have no clue what to expect out of Allen, I’m inclined to think he’s Rex Grossman 2.0 but we’ll see. 

Edited by turtle28