Week 6 GDT - Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I’ll just say that I totally understand the injury situation. Last season the Rams had so many injuries too. We lost Kiser because the season even started. He is our leading tackler this season and playing great football. We literally had our secondary revamped mid season with trading away Peters and Talib BUT Talib got hurt before he was traded, Johnson III got hurt and eventually Weddle got hurt. Clay got hurt as well as Obo. Not to mention Fox getting hurt before the season started. So that’s SEVEN defensive players hurt and missing games if not the season.

On offense both tight ends Higbee and Everett missed games at some point in the season, Woods and Cooks missed games at some point the season. Fortunately for Woods it had nothing to do with injuries but for personal reasons. Gurley who was never right last season missed the first meeting with the Niners game due to injury and then Brown for hurt during the season and was done. The worst unit hit was the OL. The only two healthy starters for all the season was Witworth and Blythe. When Noteboom got hurt the Rams traded for Corbett. Allen and Havenstein both got hurt. So that’s NINE offensive players missing games. 

Special teams Zuerlein got hurt during the season and missed the last few games of the season. So we are talking about SEVENTEEN players most of them were starters on their unit.  The Rams still went (9-7) missing the playoffs by one game. If Zuerlein makes that FG in Seattle the Rams would’ve been (10-6) and in the playoffs despite all of those injuries injuries. 

The Niners given the fact they play the NFC East three more times even though they lost to the Eagles. There is an extra playoff spot too. Now the schedule gets tough in next month plus so it’s going to make or break the season. We shall see but I want to see how the make up of the Niners team is if they make the playoffs or not. Can they still get to at least 8 or 9 wins and hang around in playoff contention late in the season? That’s what I want to see.

I know you have said something similar to this in the general forum, but again the situations aren't even comparable. Every team will deal with injuries. The Rams even last season were one of the healthiest teams in the league. The Niners were hit worse with the injury bug last season compared to the Rams. It's just this year the injuries have been brutal to the most important positions. At last year Jimmy, Sherman and Bosa stayed healthy. So despite all the injuries, the team was able to stay afloat until they got healthy. This time the injury bug hit like a blizzard and they aren't going to be able to overcome it.

Rams should win this in a blowout. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Time to go back to being our sons. When we would beat  y’all 30-10 and Donald would have 4 sacks.. I knew these times would come back. Y’all were in a magic carpet last year and still should have lost.. Wonderful! What goes up must come down! 

Any strong volunteers for a lovely sig bet? I’m telling you. Games vs the Seahawks hit different. But beating down the Niners just feels like Christmas is around the corner. Buddies that super bowl hangover is real.. Must be 12 because cinderrela can’t find that slipper. You just hate to see it. My heart is in pieces. 

Jay all Day is one of my lovely companions on this site.. Forge is that dude. Oldmanniner always has something to say.. And where is that homer Niners pride or Niners all day. 

I could taste the cherry lipstick off his lips. Hmmm. 

C936-B21-F-BADE-4573-BE17-BA15-D8-C0892-

where has the time simply gone.. Hopefully Kylee is fired after the year what is this 4 losing seasons out of 5? Like wtf. This is the norm in SF losing.. Hopefully Jenny G sees the door as well and we bring in some real talent.. 

Same old Niners from the last 5 years. Just tough.. Best of luck with no Injuries. Tag me if you would love a sig bet.. Who knows maybe y’all win. Sikeeee. 

Shame I have to wait till Sunday night and

not at 1.. Have things to do. 

till then I’ll be dreaming of y’all. 

Niners nation stand the hell up. 

Lol I'm having flash backs to middle school. Injuries happen my dude. When you lose the players that make you good you generally don't stay that way; I know, it's a really hard concept to grasp. Our D-Line and running game was absolutely our strength last year and we  lost Bosa, Ford hasn't played a snap, Buckner is gone, and even depth players like Ronnie Blair haven't played. Our secondary is arguably in worse shape than our defensive line too with Sherman being out an extended period of time and our 2nd & 3rd string CBs missing time as well. It's pretty hard to establish a run game when your defense can't stop anyone. But you do you man, it's like beating up a crippled kid at this point, but whatever makes your day brighter. 

3 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Lol I'm having flash backs to middle school. Injuries happen my dude. When you lose the players that make you good you generally don't stay that way; I know, it's a really hard concept to grasp. Our D-Line and running game was absolutely our strength last year and we  lost Bosa, Ford hasn't played a snap, Buckner is gone, and even depth players like Ronnie Blair haven't played. Our secondary is arguably in worse shape than our defensive line too with Sherman being out an extended period of time and our 2nd & 3rd string CBs missing time as well. It's pretty hard to establish a run game when your defense can't stop anyone. But you do you man, it's like beating up a crippled kid at this point, but whatever makes your day brighter. 

A win is a win. Just saying. I know you guys are going thru the ringer. You only play whose on your schedule. I would have loved to seen SF full Strength. Y’all a good team for sure. Still though inter divisional rivalry is a blood bath. 

Im just hoping for no injuries on both sides. 

Edited by El Ramster
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

@El Ramster

Just remember: 

tumblr_p1pebfuFqj1u08jado1_250.gifv

Keep pushing us toward that Trevor Lawrence / Justin Fields selection, baby :D

We ain’t pushing y’all nowhere. It’s Kyle doing that. Dude added a high powered motor this year. He ain’t playing no games losing the eagles and Miami? I’m ashamed of y’all being in west doing that. Ewww.

Witherspoon was healthy enough to play, but Shanahan refused to put him in the game. This “feud” dates back to 2018. Shanahan has gone out of his way to call out Witherspoon, oftentimes in front of teammates. Against the Dolphins, league spies said that Witherspoon was healthy enough to play, but Kyle wouldn’t let him go in. The “hamstring” was a cover up for Witherspoon being benched. It took Brian Allen getting torched in coverage for Shanahan to acknowledge putting Spoon in the game. Ahkello had to go to Saleh begging, pleading to go in the game, but Saleh had to get Shanahan’s approval. I’m not sure who the person is, but someone has to save Kyle from himself in these situations.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/10/14/21516057/lets-argue-taking-a-look-at-the-most-unpopular-49ers-take-through-five-games

This can't be true right??? Lol. 

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Kyle hated Akhello that much since 2018, why not just cut him or trade him? I mean, we traded Breida & Goodwin this year once they were in the doghouse, cut Kyle Nelson after one bad game. The leash is not always long. 

I also found this quote from the article. My main takeaway; who the heck this guy? 

Jimmie Ward isn’t going anywhere, but those same league spies told me that the team tried to move Jaquiski Tartt during training camp, but teams only offered a fifth-rounder. 

9 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

If Kyle hated Akhello that much since 2018, why not just cut him or trade him? I mean, we traded Breida & Goodwin this year once they were in the doghouse, cut Kyle Nelson after one bad game. The leash is not always long. 

I also found this quote from the article. My main takeaway; who the heck this guy? 

The part about Tartt isn't surprising nor new. Michael Lombardi also mentioned in the offseason that the 49ers were open to trading Tartt. And it makes a little sense due to him being a FA and the team having Harris/Moore who they are grooming.

I just hope the Spoon part isn't true. I will say, all week they said Spoon was limited in practice and if he was completely healthy, why wouldn't he be a full participant? Unless that was part of Shanny's master plan to say he was not healthy so he did not have to start him lol. 

Yeah, I've made the point before that Shanny has to show more self awareness. He seems to say the right things in this regard, but there seems to be some real issues when it comes to shooting himself in the foot via overthinking it or being to rigid.  But this seems to be an issue that follows smart guys around. BB can be notoriously stubborn and hard headed and it's definitely gotten him in trouble. Reid, early in his career fell into this. I mean, it took Russell Wilson begging Pete Carrol for him to build an offense around HIM. 

As for being hard with players..it's an incredibly fine line sometimes...But i'd rather have a coach not afraid to bench someone for playing poorly and possibly replacing them with a bad player (temporarily) as opposed to rewarding/continuing to let players play despite not doing their job.

But again..who knows..very fine line.

Wait...is that the same guy who at one point claimed the Niners & Kittle had agreed on an extension but were waiting before releasing the news? And then we promptly heard nothing about it for weeks, and after the extension was actually announced, that claim ended up being contradicted by other credible sources? 

Edited by 49ersfan

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was going to comment on this after the game, but then I figured I'm just going to jinx it and he will be on the IR after next week lol.

But this man is so damn good still. Good to see him healthy for once. 

Funny-681.gif

Great to see him overcome all of those setbacks. Looks night and day different compared to when he came in last year cold. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Think about how bad the Bengals offensive line is when you watch them. Think about how they are going to ruin Burrow. Then realize we are almost just as bad if this is accurate

I may be wrong, but our pass attempts are probably much lower than Burrow's? I know the man threw damn near 60 times one game lol.

Yeah, it's bad but honestly once they start to communicate better, it will at least be a workable unit. LIS, re-watching the Dolphins game, I didn't see the OL just got beat by the DL play after play. I saw a OL that didn't know their protections or couldn't locate the correct blitzer to pick up. I mean no guarantee this corrects itself since through five weeks it still has issues, but some of it is fixable. I can't believe people thought Williams played terribly last week.