Week 6 GDT - Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

The loss to the Eagles kills me even more by the day. If we win that, Jimmy does not get rushed back last week and at the very least we are sitting at 4-2. I mean with how banged up our secondary was last week, maybe it doesn't even matter if we start Mullens, but he would have given the team a much better chance to win than a hobbled Jimmy. 

It's actually scary playing the Patriots after the lackluster performance they had today. 

I did hear that they didn't have a practice in two weeks aside from a walkthrough yesterday. That certainly had to have played a role in their performance today, along with Newton being out with Covid-19 and not being in any rhythm whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The loss to the Eagles kills me even more by the day. If we win that, Jimmy does not get rushed back last week and at the very least we are sitting at 4-2. I mean with how banged up our secondary was last week, maybe it doesn't even matter if we start Mullens, but he would have given the team a much better chance to win than a hobbled Jimmy. 

It's actually scary playing the Patriots after the lackluster performance they had today. 

I did hear that they didn't have a practice in two weeks aside from a walkthrough yesterday. That certainly had to have played a role in their performance today, along with Newton being out with Covid-19 and not being in any rhythm whatsoever. 

Oh he'll just run all over the defense probably. 

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Oh he'll just run all over the defense probably. 

What could go wrong? A team that can't stop any QB from gashing us on the ground playing a team with a QB who's strength is running the ball? I expect Saleh to stack the box and let our corners play single coverage on the outside. He changed up the blitzing that he was utilizing heavy in the early part of the season and instead dropped more defenders in coverage. Very smart as it took away the crossers and our corners were damn good when they were in man coverage. I hope Tartt's injury is not serious because he will be needed badly next week against a run heavy team. 

I know the Rams haven't been blitzing much all season, but that's literally the weakness of this OL. As I said after re-watching last week's game, it was more miscommunication and not knowing the protections over anything else. Williams was pretty damn great and yet all anyone talked about was the sack he allowed...But clearly he was passing over the DE thinking they were in another protection. Those are just silly mistakes and shows lack of communication. The blitzing defenses have killed the OL so much. Were fortunate this week. Of course, this was a completely quick hitting passing offense today but that's what's going to need to happen. Jimmy at his best can mask the flaws of an OL but he's still not close to 100% yet. Built a big enough lead in the first half to hold on but eventually this offense will need to become a top 5-7 unit for it to have a chance at making the playoffs. 

Aside from Fitzpatrick, I believe this is now five QBs that this defense has held to an under 7 YPA, and four under 6. Saleh making it work somehow. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

the trade deadline could be crazy interesting for us

This defense just needs more juice from the edge. If we had Ford/Blair, then that would have been enough. But you can't rely on those two the rest of the season. Definitely will be interesting to see what this team does. The corners situation when Williams/Sherman get healthy is pretty damn great, our safety play is good but not having an edge rusher of any sort is a killer. Hyder is doing his best but he's just one guy. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This defense just needs more juice from the edge. If we had Ford/Blair, then that would have been enough. But you can't rely on those two the rest of the season. Definitely will be interesting to see what this team does. The corners situation when Williams/Sherman get healthy is pretty damn great, our safety play is good but not having an edge rusher of any sort is a killer. Hyder is doing his best but he's just one guy. 

Yannick, kerrigan... hell, takk. All guys that should be available. We will have to do something, even if it's just takk 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

the trade deadline could be crazy interesting for us

Houston is a possibility a lot of the beat writers mentioned. Either for Bradley Roby, Fells, or Mercilius. Those were just some of the names that could be linked to us, but they were hesitant due to some of them recently extending with Houston already. So who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yannick, kerrigan... hell, takk. All guys that should be available. We will have to do something, even if it's just takk 

Why would Yannick be available? Are the Vikings not planning on re-signing him?

Kerrigan should be the target. 

• Like 1