Sign in to follow this  
J-ALL-DAY

Week 6 GDT - Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why would Yannick be available? Are the Vikings not planning on re-signing him?

Kerrigan should be the target. 

They can't resign him because of the tag for now, but they are also about ten over, so they have no money. Anthony Harris is also a free agent 

And they are going to have to make a hard decision on cousins. His 35 million for 2022 vests in 2021. That's a big deal in a decreased cap era. But if they cut him, it costs more than it would to keep him... Unless they do it as post June 1 designation... And that only gets them even

I like how our plan for injuries is to sign all of the most injured players with the, I don’t know... Luck? Expectation? That as one segment gets injured, other injuries will become uninjured and mostly fill the dam with the rest filled by late round picks and practice squad guys that the position coaches like. Kerry Hyder, Dre Greenlaw, Jason Verrett, and co have pulled way more than their weight in terms of carrying some dudes that will never earn their salaries. I mean, kudos to the coaching staff, I think? For bailing the FO out of the water? Even though the way the FO is tied to the coaching staff hip to hip means that a lot of those free agent/trade busts are largely also on the coaching staff and not the scouting department. It’s just weird to see a team operate like this.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Until you change your mind how convenient lol. 

I mean, I’m an idiot. Anyone whose been on this forum long enough knows that.

plus everyone human has the right to change their mind in something. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 3:38 PM, El Ramster said:

Time to go back to being our sons. When we would beat  y’all 30-10 and Donald would have 4 sacks.. I knew these times would come back. Y’all were in a magic carpet last year and still should have lost.. Wonderful! What goes up must come down! 

I’ll be dreaming of y’all. 

Niners nation stand the hell up. 

This aged well.

Even missing our best player and being banged up all over the place, we still put the Charging Goats in their place. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I feel like our guys have had trouble for years turning their heads and locating footballs 

Yeah, tracking the ball in the air has been a big problem for certain guys (akhelo Witherspoon) and I wonder what they are being told in practice by the coaching staff. 

This feels like a byproduct of not having WRs who are known for jump balls, so they don't see a lot of it in practice either so it's hard to work on it 

But dammit, when will these guys learn to turn their heads? 

I feel like we do have a few guys who are next level at tracking the ball in the air though.  Fred Warner, Kwon, Williams, Sherm, and probably ward are all excellent there. 

Our pass rush is lacking because we have no edge speed rusher to make QBs move off their spot, which creates angles for the interior defenders to disengage. So the whole unit gets stonewalled sometimes 

We have really great coverage which helps the cause. I love how kinlaw gets his hands up. We will get a pick on one of those, only a matter of time 

Goff missed some open throws that felt like the difference for us. A bit ugly in the second half but we started off so hot and kept getting stops. 

We will take it. Confidence builder for sure. 

I don’t wanna hear it. Y’all stayed quiet for 6 days like mice. Talk the talk since day 1 not when you win by some miracle lol. Idk what happened yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I don’t wanna hear it. Y’all stayed quiet for 6 days like mice. Talk the talk since day 1 not when you win by some miracle lol. Idk what happened yesterday. 

Our fault, we badly overrated the "same ol sorry-a$$ Rams" lol.

Seriously though, glad I was wrong on this game. Last week was such an embarrassment, it was hard to have any confidence in this team. Moseley returning completely changed the defense though and there was a set game plan offensively that worked out very well....at least in the first half. 

I don't think this win for the 49ers completely turns the season around or anything, but it was good to get back in the winning column. Now, if we beat the Patriots next week? Now we're talking!

• Like 1