Week 6 GDT - Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

10 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

He’s right. Who is that? Y’all got so lucky. And everyone of you knows it lol. Even had dudes better against the Niners. I don’t wanna hear it. I would have more respect if y’all brought the smoke.. But y’all laid in a pile of pitty.. Ggs but even y’all know an arse whooping was due.. The rams just played like dog poop. And for that I am embarrassed. But Ggs none the less. It was a very frustrating game to watch lol.

Lucky? Nah. You can't expect a Ferrari rolling on two flats to win the race. Even if it is racing against a Civic. 

We finally played somewhat up to our standard on offense and was able trot out at least two healthy CBs for once. I mean half of our starters are on IR and our starting QB didn't look healthy enough to throw a decent 10 yard out the week prior. We looked liked stir-fried poo for two straight weeks before Sunday. I mean what were you expecting most fans to say??

Donald feelin a little emo and I get it. He thought we were cooked food also. But Shanny didn't allow him the opportunity to eat. O-Line not giving up a sack was all based around the gameplan Shanny cooked up and we did just enough defensively to survive. Wasn't pretty but a win is a win. Lambs can't take it on the chin but what else is new... 

• Like 1

@El Ramster I have to be against you on this one my man. The Niners werent lucky. Like they say in basketball its a make or miss league. If a great 3pt shooting team have a 5-30 type of night of course they are going to lose. You just come away if they have that horrible shooting night and they only lose by 5pts impressed because they shouldve gotten blown out but they didnt. You know they wont have that type of night again but thats how it is. I dont expect Kupp to drop 2 tds again this season let alone in the same game. I dont expect Goff to miss alot of wide open passes. If you tell me Goff gets sacked ZERO times and the Rams rush for 5.6ypc (Henderson 6ypc), they hold the Niners to 3.3ypc and hold them to 6pts total in the 2nd half I say Rams win but again Kupp dropped 2 tds, Goff missed alot of wide open passes, too many offensive penalties which the Rams havent been making all season long, and the missed tackles in the 1st half because Jimmy G wasnt throwing ball past the LOS. It was just one of those nights for the Rams and honestly it started when the Rams thought Samuels was down and he kept running for a 35yd gain on the opening drive that set up the early td. Then on the Rams first drive Goff missed a wide open Kupp down the field. I was like its going to be one of those nights and it was. 

Props to the Niners for winning. It showed their still in this till its officially over. As bad as the Rams season was last year they fought literally till Week 16 with a chance to get into the playoffs. I think the same thing will happen with the Niners. This game was HUGE for them and they won just like the defending NFC Champs should do. Now PLEASE go beat those Pats and Seahawks for me because I hate both teams and it warms my heart to see them lose even though I do love Cam and Russ I just hate the teams they play for. Good luck until we see each other in Sofi Stadium November 29th. 

13 hours ago, sherm said:

Not just cuz he's on our team but I'm happy for him. Dude has been through sports injury hell. Hopefully he can stay healthy for the remainder of his career.

I am really happy for him too. Is he under contract after this year? Because if he stays healthy, he will want to be paid. Hopefully we get a discount, after taking a chance on him.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

I am really happy for him too. Is he under contract after this year? Because if he stays healthy, he will want to be paid. Hopefully we get a discount, after taking a chance on him.

Pretty sure he's on a one year deal. May get interesting with Sherm being a FA after this year as well. Sherm has been hurt a lot lately and is older. Part of me wonders if we don't just re-sign Verrett if Sherm prices himself out of our range. 

Edited by Gore Whore 21
re-sign not resign
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Pretty sure he's on a one year deal. May get interesting with Sherm being a FA after this year as well. Sherm has been hurt a lot lately and is older. Part of me wonders if we don't just re-sign Verrett if Sherm prices himself out of our range. 

My problem with this is that this is why we are in the predicament we are in now. 

Like I'm really happy to see Verrett get healthy and actually contribute. But his history suggest you absolutely can not trust him to stay healthy. So if you're singing him to be a frontline starter, I have a huge issue with that. 

Now if you're signing him and telling him he'll have to compete with another CB signing, I can get on board. But we really need to get away from putting faith in guys who can't stay healthy. I understand he's looking phenomenal and that he could come back at a discount but I really would like to see us not put all our eggs in the Verrett basket.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

My problem with this is that this is why we are in the predicament we are in now. 

Like I'm really happy to see Verrett get healthy and actually contribute. But his history suggest you absolutely can not trust him to stay healthy. So if you're singing him to be a frontline starter, I have a huge issue with that. 

Now if you're signing him and telling him he'll have to compete with another CB signing, I can get on board. But we really need to get away from putting faith in guys who can't stay healthy. I understand he's looking phenomenal and that he could come back at a discount but I really would like to see us not put all our eggs in the Verrett basket.

I definitely see where you are coming from and don't disagree with it. I would just say that Sherm is starting to put himself in that same category. Not the severe injuries, but he's missed some time each of the last couple of seasons. Ideally, I would love to bring them both back assuming we can afford it. Sherm's leadership is huge to this team. 

• Like 1