Valkyrie Mafia: D8 Ends Saturday at 10 PM EST

The Orca

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Same... I already added this to my active rule list:

• I understand it has become a trend on this site to fail to open your Role PM or join your scum chat or whatever. This is unacceptable for my games, so if you intend to do this don't sign up. If you fail to open your Role PM or join your scum chat within the first Day of the game, I will replace or modkill you.

This behavior needs to end.

Agreed.  Hosts put in too much time to not actively participate by at least reading your role

• Like 2

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Agreed.  Hosts put in too much time to not actively participate by at least reading your role

People who do it do participate though. You're not going to get myself it ET more active by having us do it, and so far as I know, we are the only two who do it

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Same... I already added this to my active rule list:

• I understand it has become a trend on this site to fail to open your Role PM or join your scum chat or whatever. This is unacceptable for my games, so if you intend to do this don't sign up. If you fail to open your Role PM or join your scum chat within the first Day of the game, I will replace or modkill you.

This behavior needs to end.

Thats gonna be a thing in my games too likely

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

Agreed.  I feel the host puts in a lot of time creating a game with roles and balancing things.  Not reading a role can throw that off.

So can playing a certain way because of info you have. That's The reason we do it. We play different ways if we know certain things

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

And teammates tbh 

Pretty sure my teammates have been fine. They won the time I didn't show up, and lost the time I did lol. Pretty sure must would appreciate if I just don't show up if I'm going to lose the game by doing so

Just now, Forge said:

So can playing a certain way because of info you have. That's The reason we do it. We play different ways if we know certain things

Just about everyone plays differently based on a role.  No one says you can't play things differently based on that info.  Mods should have freedom to do as they see fit based on how they feel things might be affected.

Just now, squire12 said:

Just about everyone plays differently based on a role.  No one says you can't play things differently based on that info.  Mods should have freedom to do as they see fit based on how they feel things might be affected.

But that's what we are trying to prevent. We don't want to play different. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Pretty sure my teammates have been fine. They won the time I didn't show up, and lost the time I did lol. Pretty sure must would appreciate if I just don't show up if I'm going to lose the game by doing so

I don't think the end result should be used as justification for not reading a PM or joining a chat in the future

@The Orca  very fun game and setup.. I loved the twist and turns (albeit at my expense on some of them)

I specifically protected myself most of the game to make sure I was at endgame to solve this masterpiece. No it was probably not correct to do so but I really thought if everyone was vanilla (were you all vanilla @Dome and @Glen?), why not ensure an intelligent and active person made it to solve the game.  

I actually have tunneled swag the last 3 games (2 town and 1 mafia), so @TheKillerNacho may not be reading that right lol.  

@jasonwbantle we did it friend.  We avenged you and we won the game!!!

Just now, squire12 said:

I don't think the end result should be used as justification for not reading a PM or joining a chat in the future

I play better without knowing who they are. Just as ET says he plays more even without opening his pm. If it gives them a better shot at winning, that's what matters. There's no value if I'm going to go into scum chat, not say anything and just sit there, plus play worse as a result