Valkyrie Mafia: D8 Ends Saturday at 10 PM EST

The Orca

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

It’s beyond clear that Orca has a tentative grasp on basic and accepted Mafia strategies if he thinks that essentially Vanilla Town claiming a power role to absorb a hit is poor play.

You knock me for not using an ability that didn’t have an opportunity to be used.  What?  Should I have stopped matts from talking about Dak?  I see how that really influenced gameplay.

You’re clueless.

The strategy is great and I've used it a lot. You do not use it when it looks like you are being lynched, but that is somehow just passing by you. Softing it or claiming with no pressure is different than self preservation which shows as desperate scum and potentially the town who has that role outing themselves to lynch confirmed scum in their mind

Just now, SwAg said:

Everyone: Rick was wrong the whole game about almost everything, except when it came down to “everyone role claim and we lynch whoever isn’t an important character”.

Orca:  Wow, we have never seen such vaunted prowess.

Swag: lets distract from my LVP performance by making stuff up

@squire12 gave me the best advice and gentle chastisement I’ve ever received, and it’s personally helped me exponentially. Knowing someone is scum isn’t enough. You have to convince others to go with you/why they’re scum. When you berate those you need to sway and demonstratively call people scum who are Town, you lose your credibility and ability to sway others. 

If you think I actually care what you rate my performance, then I don’t know what to tell you. I already said I did not play well.  I am taking exception to the fact that the valid criticism that could be made is not, instead I am given some made-up warped view.

6 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Just no

Im not saying just Rick had bad reads. I said the LVP should be three headed (from my time in the game). Pickle being one of them who kept pounding his chest and propping up Jason as being on point - - when they were totally off base. I dont really care that much, but if you need me to - I can go pull pickles post/scumlist that were completely wrong the entire time I was playing. 

But I dont want to do that simply because it would seem I am singling him out w/o all the information. 

11 minutes ago, The Orca said:

The strategy is great and I've used it a lot. You do not use it when it looks like you are being lynched, but that is somehow just passing by you. Softing it or claiming with no pressure is different than self preservation which shows as desperate scum and potentially the town who has that role outing themselves to lynch confirmed scum in their mind

I thought Swag had hinted at being a protector variant early on .  Brought that up when he was getting votes.  The concept of his fake claim was to draw a hit.  It also brought forward the town protector which is a gamble in the process.   That is something that the real protector needs to consider when piecing things together.