Current corner rankings

Rodjahs12

This is always a hotly debated topic and opinions are constantly shifting based on up to date play but just wanted to get some rankings from others as I see more fans of other teams have Jaire in their top 3s as well as a few other names I haven’t seen on these lists in the past 

1. Stephon Gilmore- still got him at the top until I see any clear regression from where he was before the season 

2.Jaire Alexander-erasing the other teams #1 on a weekly basis right now best corner we’ve had since Woodson and it’s not even close 

3.Tre’Davious White- Hasn’t had the splash plays that got him way up here earlier in his career this season but still can’t push the guy down too far. 

4.Marlon Humphrey-Arguably the most well rounded corner in football. Recent payday already paying dividends. 

5.Jalen Ramsey- Not a fan of the guy personally and he gets beat deep a bit more than a guy being paid the way he is should, but still elite on his day and someone you can’t really have out of the top 7 or so without looking a little crazy. 

6.Kyle Fuller-Extremely well rounded like Humphrey and consistent in his play. Johnson across from him as the 2 has been benefitted him greatly already and has a good chance at having his best season as a pro.

7.Casey Heyward- Another guy who’s been good his entire career but a little under appreciated much like Fuller. Getting older at 31 and not off to the eye popping start he’s had in the past but still hard to push him way down at this stage.

8. Xavier Rhodes-Wouldn’t have found himself in the top 40 if this question was asked before the season, his resurgence has been nothing short of miraculous. I remain cautious to see if he can keep it up but he’s shown over his career at his best he’s top 10 probably top 5 worthy.

9.James Bradberry-On a bad Giants team Bradberry has been a bright spot. At the top of the league in pass breakups and tight coverages forced and it’s resulted in picks for him as well. 

10.Trayvon Mullen-The ten spot was tough to pick as there’s probably 15 different guys you could put here and make an argument for. I wanted to pick a younger player who hasn’t been given a lot of attention for his most recent play and Mullen fits the bill. A coverage grade hovering around 90, he’s getting the kind of results that push guys way up these lists. 

11. Sean Murphy Bunting

12.J.C. Jackson

13. Kendall Fuller

14.William Jackson 

15.Marshawn Lattimore  

16. Marcus Peters 

17.Rasul Douglas 

18.Desmond King 

19.Byron Jones 

20.Denzel Ward

21.Xavien Howard

22.Kevin King

23.Chris Harris Jr

24.Patrick Peterson

25.Carlton Davis

26.Nickell Robey Coleman

27.Adoree Jackson

28.Steve Nelson

29.Janoris Jenkins 

30.Sidney Jones 

Edited by Rodjahs12

7 minutes ago, Starless said:

Gilmore might not be the best corner on the Patriots right now. JC Jackson has outplayed him by most metrics since roughly week 12 of last year. 

Almost put Jackson at 9 but he got pushed down a bit to 12. Definitely one of those young players who’s got a chance to be in the top 5s of these lists for a long time. 

As for Gilmore, I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt until he comes back this year and doesn’t look elite again. Could be anywhere from 1 to out of the top 15 depending on how he looks. 

1. Jaire Alexander

2. Stephon Gilmore

3. Jalen Ramsey

4. Tre'Davious White

5. Marlon Humphrey

6. Kyle Fuller

7. Casey Hayward

8. Xaiver Rhodes

9. Trayvon Mullen

10. James Bradberry

Although for this season by itself, Mullen has probably been the second best corner behind Alexander.

Honorable Mention: William Jackson III

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't see how Marlon Humphrey isn't #1 or #2, tbh. Lockdown in coverage, best tackling CB in the NFL, and creates turnovers constantly. His season this year has a very similar feel to Charles Woodson's DPOY season.

I have him firmly in my Top 3. I think White is the best, with Jalen at #2 (according to PFF, Ramsay has given up 27 yards the last 4 games). That said, Humphrey may be the most well rounded in what he brings to the tackling, blitzing, scheme table.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I have him firmly in my Top 3. I think White is the best, with Jalen at #2 (according to PFF, Ramsay has given up 27 yards the last 4 games). That said, Humphrey may be the most well rounded in what he brings to the tackling, blitzing, scheme table.

I absolutely believe he's the most well-rounded CB there is. He started the year outside, at his natural position, and because of injuries he's moved inside to the slot where he's been blitzing and covering and tackling like a maniac. Like I said, shades of Charles Woodson 2009 with how much he's making splash plays while still locking people down in coverage better than almost anyone.

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Is this for this year so far or overall and considering a full body of work?

This is very much geared toward what have you done for me lately. It’s why a lot of those big name guys find themselves in the late teens and twenties. Could jump way up, but they’re being outplayed by younger players at least currently 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I absolutely believe he's the most well-rounded CB there is. He started the year outside, at his natural position, and because of injuries he's moved inside to the slot where he's been blitzing and covering and tackling like a maniac. Like I said, shades of Charles Woodson 2009 with how much he's making splash plays while still locking people down in coverage better than almost anyone.

I absolutely think that you're correct on all of that, and it's a fair assessment. However, he also benefits from an unbelievable Front 7 that can get pressure on a QB, which he's a part of and also about to reap as a result. (The same can also be said for Gilmore, Ramsay, and White to a degree as well)

Humphrey is right up there with the top 3. Gilmore is a wildcard and one I’m not ready to write off so I left him at 1 despite him not having a chance to show anything yet this year. Tre White a bit as well as he’s been nicked up and not quite uber elite like he’s been before. 

Edited by Rodjahs12