Who Impressed You This Week (Week 6 10/7/17)

alfalcone

6 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

yeah Barkley is basically the only prospect I've seen this year who looks like he actually deserves to go top 5.  Unless you want to count the QBs since they always go top 5.

Quenton Nelson and Jaire Alexander say hi

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

For clarification, are we talking the DE Chubb or the RB Chubb?

Either way, it's a ridiculous claim...but a little less ridiculous if you're talking about the NC State DE Bradley Chubb. He's a very good player, but he's more Trey Flowers (great player) than he is Michael Strahan. Putting him ahead of Derwin James and/or Saquon Barkley is absurdity to me.

And if you're talking about Nick Chubb...I don't know what to tell you. Nick Chubb is a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick at best. I don't like him as a prospect at all really.

Obviously Bradley Chubb as it was posted Thursday/Friday and NC State played Thursday. 

1) I put little value into the RB spot so I don’t value Barkley that highly. 

2) Derwin James is all athlete. I don’t see anything in the way he plays, other than athleticism, that makes me think “oh yeah, there’s a special player.” 

3) Someone beat me to it but the highest value placed, for most I’d think, would be QB and then EDGE rusher. QB play has been sporadic and Chubb has been the best pass rusher this season. His stamp is all over NC State’s success this year. 

So, no, it’s not an absurdity at all. 

58 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

He had a couple of gaffes, which have been magnified - because he's Derwin James. He still making great plays,

Not really. Plenty of players make great plays here and there but the truly elite make them consistently when the team needs it. He's been invisible most of the time. I'm not saying he's horrible by any means but his hype got quite ridiculous especially hearing the numerous announcers each week during their games call him the best player in the country. Not even close.

Archived