NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

You guys are young but talented. College basketball is a guards game though and I think you guys go as far as Love/Davis take you. 

For sure. I'm hoping to get Anthony Harris back by ACC play. He showed some promise in his 5 games last year. Being able to go 10 deep would be insanely awesome. Just hoping Leaky Black can take on the Jackie Manuel/Theo Pinson role. If he can buy into that, we could be real good.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

For sure. I'm hoping to get Anthony Harris back by ACC play. He showed some promise in his 5 games last year. Being able to go 10 deep would be insanely awesome. Just hoping Leaky Black can take on the Jackie Manuel/Theo Pinson role. If he can buy into that, we could be real good.

I read that he's supposed to be ready by the start of the season, I like your guard rotation if he's healthy. Being able to bring Sharpe/Kessler off the bench will be huge as well because you guys are going to be able to pound teams inside and on the glass.

I'm excited to see how we look this season, I think we should have a pretty balanced roster/rotation. We'll have a ton of size and versatility on the wing with Jalen Johnson, Wendell Moore, Joey Baker, and Matthew Hurt. We're in a similar position to you guys with limited depth/experience at guard and will be relying heavily on our two freshman guards Jeremy Roach and DJ Steward to play key roles for us and Goldwire should be a decent role player again. Roach reminds me of Tyus Jones and Steward reminds me of Nolan Smith coming into the program. Patrick Tape was a nice addition as a grad transfer at the 5 and we should also see our two freshmen bigs get some minutes as well. With Mark Williams providing us size to matchup with bigger teams inside (7'0" 230 w/7'4" WS) while Coleman is an undersized, high motor post player. 

We don't have the same star talent at the top of the roster as we have had in recent years but should be able to comfortably run a 9-10 man rotation this year. Jalen Johnson is going to have to live up to the hype and play like a high lottery pick if we're going to make a deep run in the tournament. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I read that he's supposed to be ready by the start of the season, I like your guard rotation if he's healthy. Being able to bring Sharpe/Kessler off the bench will be huge as well because you guys are going to be able to pound teams inside and on the glass.

He's still not cleared so I'm not sure he'll be good to go by season tip. Hope you're right.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm excited to see how we look this season, I think we should have a pretty balanced roster/rotation. We'll have a ton of size and versatility on the wing with Jalen Johnson, Wendell Moore, Joey Baker, and Matthew Hurt. We're in a similar position to you guys with limited depth/experience at guard and will be relying heavily on our two freshman guards Jeremy Roach and DJ Steward to play key roles for us and Goldwire should be a decent role player again. Roach reminds me of Tyus Jones and Steward reminds me of Nolan Smith coming into the program. Patrick Tape was a nice addition as a grad transfer at the 5 and we should also see our two freshmen bigs get some minutes as well. With Mark Williams providing us size to matchup with bigger teams inside (7'0" 230 w/7'4" WS) while Coleman is an undersized, high motor post player. 

We don't have the same star talent at the top of the roster as we have had in recent years but should be able to comfortably run a 9-10 man rotation this year. Jalen Johnson is going to have to live up to the hype and play like a high lottery pick if we're going to make a deep run in the tournament. 

I honestly don't know much about your team. The curse of working 2nd shift for 2 years means I missed a crap ton of college basketball. I used to belong to a 22 team, 15 man roster fantasy basketball league but I've lost touch with CBB so much that I was basically throwing away $100 lol. Thankfully, I got laid off due to Covid-19 so I can focus on finding 1st shift work again and get back into the swing of things going forward.

Just now, beekay414 said:

He's still not cleared so I'm not sure he'll be good to go by season tip. Hope you're right.

I honestly don't know much about your team. The curse of working 2nd shift for 2 years means I missed a crap ton of college basketball. I used to belong to a 22 team, 15 man roster fantasy basketball league but I've lost touch with CBB so much that I was basically throwing away $100 lol. Thankfully, I got laid off due to Covid-19 so I can focus on finding 1st shift work again and get back into the swing of things going forward.

Sports Illustrated reported that you guys are expecting him to be ready by the start of the season FWIW. 

We're pretty under the radar for a Duke team because all of our returning players were up and down last season and none of our incoming recruits were elite prospects other than Jalen Johnson. I'm sorry to hear about you getting laid off and hope your job search is going well man. 

Gonzaga looks like they're going to be really good this season. Suggs, Ayayi, and Kispert will probably be the best perimeter trio in the country. 

• Like 1

PG: Kerr Kriisa, Terrell Brown
SG: Jemarl Baker, James Akinjo
SF: Dalen Terry, Benny Mathurin, Tibet Gorner
PF: Azuolas Tubelis, Ira Lee
C : Jordan Brown, Koloko, Daniel Batcho

super different team from usual, a bunch of non-americans. think kerr and tubelis will be the best players on the team 

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

PG: Kerr Kriisa, Terrell Brown
SG: Jemarl Baker, James Akinjo
SF: Dalen Terry, Benny Mathurin, Tibet Gorner
PF: Azuolas Tubelis, Ira Lee
C : Jordan Brown, Koloko, Daniel Batcho

super different team from usual, a bunch of non-americans. think kerr and tubelis will be the best players on the team 

Losing Mannion, Green, and Zeke hurts for sure, I read you guys lost your top 7 scorers from last year. Also weird to see you guys sign 5 international players in a single class. I think Jordan Brown can have a big year for you guys. 

Edited by NYRaider

Doing more research into Gonzaga and I think they definitely have to be the #1 team heading into the season. This honestly might be Mark Few's biggest, most athletic, and most talented team in his tenure there. Jalen Suggs will be a lottery pick and Joel Ayayi will likely be a late first round pick too. 

• 2 weeks later...

ACC/Big Ten Challenge
UNC-Iowa
Illinois-Duke
Michigan State-Virginia
Louisville-Wisconsin
Indiana-Florida State
Ohio State-Notre Dame
NC State-Michigan
Purdue-Miami
Syracuse-Rutgers
Penn State-Virginia Tech