NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

6 hours ago, fraziafraze07 said:

This is basically the same team as last year.  Same shooting issues, same low IQ basketball.  It's just a different (and larger) cast of characters.  

As many turnovers as FG made, can't shoot the 3 or FT? Yeah, seems like the frustrating Roy teams we've come to know lately. 

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

As many turnovers as FG made, can't shoot the 3 or FT? Yeah, seems like the frustrating Roy teams we've come to know lately. 

We talking about Kentucky? What is with these coaches like Cal and Roy who can recruit anybody not bringing in shooters? 

This is a VERY typical post 2015 UK team. Great length and athleticism, which by itself will lead to good (not great) defense and rebounding, but no shooters anywhere in sight. Complete team turnover means no identity yet either so offense is brutal during non conference play. Same story, different year. They will get better as year goes on and figure out best way to operate offense, but this team will be significantly capped by the mediocrity at PG. Askew doesn't look ready for college, has been the worst player on the court nearly every minute he's played, and that's a HUGE issue as the point guard in a dribble drive offense. Boston and Clarke both have shown very underwhelming ball handling thus far so having either run the offense is out of the question, and really for projected top 8 picks look pretty bad, not even 1st round material. They can't shoot and their misses are not particularly close. I'm sure they will improve but to the point of being drafted as high as I saw a few weeks ago? Doubtful with their jump shots. Sarr is the best player on the team, offense needs to run through him.

• Like 1

@RandyMossIsBoss Yeah, UNC has the same issues as UK. We have a bunch of freshman simply just trying to run Roy's offense and play within it without identity. Caleb Love tried to play his way and just started forcing stuff today and looked bad. It's not fun watching these kids right now. I mean, can't ***** about being 3-0 but it's ugly. We'll see how they look vs Texas. I am annoyed that Roy always has some random scrub white kid that he feels the need to play no matter what. Andrew Platek is friggin' terrible but Puff Johnson and Kerwin Walton just look lost so they have no choice but to play Platek until Anthony Harris is back.

• Like 2