NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah he just hosted K Academy, the mens adult charity camp. And for whatever reason when Joey Baker announced that he was transferring it was Coach K that made a statement about it, lol.

lol well I gotta feeling he's about to push Scheyer back a year. No way he wants to go out with his last game being a loss to UNC.

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol well I gotta feeling he's about to push Scheyer back a year. No way he wants to go out with his last game being a loss to UNC.

I don't think he'll officially be the coach but could see his micromanaging from a distance.

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think he'll officially be the coach but could see his micromanaging from a distance.

Not vacating his office is more than micromanaging haha. He should've been cleared out when they got back to Durham after that L to UNC.

58 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Duke's staff is already full so they'd have to fire a coach for him to come back which seems unlikely after we just pouched Kentucky's top assistant.

I thought I remember them saying K is keeping his offices indefinitely, and they were setting up new offices for Schuyer.  Like a coach Emeritus or something who will always be in the building.

Good call by Timme staying. He'll be a star and NPOY candidate one more year before fading into the G League or playing somewhere in Europe for the rest of his career. Can probably make decent bank with NIL this year.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I thought I remember them saying K is keeping his offices indefinitely, and they were setting up new offices for Schuyer.  Like a coach Emeritus or something who will always be in the building.

Good call by Timme staying. He'll be a star and NPOY candidate one more year before fading into the G League or playing somewhere in Europe for the rest of his career. Can probably make decent bank with NIL this year.

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Not vacating his office is more than micromanaging haha. He should've been cleared out when they got back to Durham after that L to UNC.

“And [Coach K] is keeping his office on the sixth floor of that tower overlooking Krzyzewski-ville so he’s going to be a factor in that program. Bringing Amaker in didn’t really fit what he saw as his vision for the program in the future. Scheyer did because Krzyzewski could then maintain a greater degree of control over the Duke basketball program and that’s why he pushed for him.”

38 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Hopefully Schuyer isn't a doormat and actually uses a 9-10 man rotation and changes some things up.

Duke losing Williams, Banchero, Moore, and John was expected. But losing Joey Baker and Trevor Keels late in the process hurts, the team is going to be paper thin.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Duke losing Williams, Banchero, Moore, and John was expected. But losing Joey Baker and Trevor Keels late in the process hurts, the team is going to be paper thin.

So they'll only have 4 McDonalds All Americans riding the bench instead of 7?