NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

13 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

if zaga dont win it all im convinced they will never win it all.  might be the most disappointing team in cbb history if they dont. 

Yeah pretty much how I think of it as well. Best team they will have and an easy road to get to the final 4. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I would disagree UVA is not that good this year like past years. Gonzaga will easily smoother them just off talent alone. 

UVA has a big, long, experienced team. They always defend well and have the 12th best offense in the country according to KenPom. Classic Zaga choke game. 

If UVA reaches S16, that'll be a big test for Zags, but I think that's a big if coming off a few weeks dealing w/ COVID. Overall their path is easiest (as it should be), but it's magnified by their region's 3 AND 4 seed having COVID issues... I think a Kansas rematch would scare me more than Iowa rematch as Zags fan, because that teams is nothing like the one they played early, while Iowa is more or less the same (D is a bit improved). Zags not at least making F4 will be MASSIVE upset and seal Few's reputation (...unless they win it all next year w/ Chet).

I think Michigan's region is going to be most interesting. A good 5 or 6 teams I could see coming out of there, and Michigan is easily least likely #1 seed to reach F4 w/ no Livers.