NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

6 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Average seed played (record in tournament)

P12 - 9.16 (6-0)
ACC - 9.42 (2-5)
SEC - 11.33 (4-2)
B1G - 12 (6-3)
Big XII - 13 (6-1)

I live on the West Coast so I get to catch some games later in the evening. But one of the reason the conference never gets any respect is because they play their games so damn late at night when the East Coast is sleeping.

Stunned by the B1G's poor showing in the tourney. Highest rated conference in Kenpom history, 1st to have 4 top teams w/ a top 2 seeds, and yet they're probably looking at just 2 teams in the sweet 16. Doubt even 1 F4 team (I have little faith in Michigan w/ no Livers, and Iowa has to go through Zags). Guess if even 1 or 2 teams in a conference get overrated from strong out of conference play, the whole conference will kind of naturally end up overrated IF they all beat up on each other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Stunned by the B1G's poor showing in the tourney. Highest rated conference in Kenpom history, 1st to have 4 top teams w/ a top 2 seeds, and yet they're probably looking at just 2 teams in the sweet 16. Doubt even 1 F4 team (I have little faith in Michigan w/ no Livers, and Iowa has to go through Zags). Guess if even 1 or 2 teams in a conference get overrated from strong out of conference play, the whole conference will kind of naturally end up overrated IF they all beat up on each other. 

I don't think Kenpom's rankings are as good this year due to a lack of out of conference games and less games overall. 

• Like 1

Walker Kessler transferring from UNC. The likely destination for the former 5*, according to the rumors going around the UNC campus, is Gonzaga.

EDIT - There are also rumors that more transfers are coming. It's being described as a "mass exodus" by folks. Something's going on in Chapel Hill. I'll take a program rebuild if it means Roy's hanging them up. If not, Roy's style is going to finally going to come back to bite him in the rear end.

Edited by beekay414

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Walker Kessler transferring from UNC. The likely destination for the former 5*, according to the rumors going around the UNC campus, is Gonzaga.

EDIT - There are also rumors that more transfers are coming. It's being described as a "mass exodus" by folks. Something's going on in Chapel Hill. I'll take a program rebuild if it means Roy's hanging them up. If not, Roy's style is going to finally going to come back to bite him in the rear end.

Walker should've came to Duke.

The Sweet 16.

1 Gonzaga vs 5 Creighton, 6 USC vs 7 Oregon
1 Michigan vs 4 Florida State, 11 UCLA vs 2 Alabama

1 Baylor vs 5 Villanova, 3 Arkansas vs 15 Oral Roberts
8 Loyola (IL) vs 12 Oregon State, 11 Syracuse vs 2 Houston

Elite 8 
1 Gonzaga vs 6 USC
4 Florida State vs 2 Alabama
5 Villanova vs 15 Oral Roberts
8 Loyola (IL) vs 11 Syracuse

Final Four