NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Would've been cool to see Houston come to Cameron Indoor Stadium during K's final year. 

yeah that would have been real cool. I would have made the trip too.  Grew up liking the Duke  program and I wanted to attend Duke when I was a little kid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

yeah that would have been real cool. I would have made the trip too.  Grew up liking the Duke  program and I wanted to attend Duke when I was a little kid. 

CIS with Coach K there in his final year is a bucket list item, I have to go to at least one. Although I'm convinced I'm bad luck.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@TitanSlim still can't believe DJ Steward declared and signed an agent, dude went undrafted, lol. 

I’m all for players going to get their money but it was such a dumb move from the jump. Could’ve came back and potentially been a 1st rounder next season with a big sophomore season, especially if he showed more as a PG. Instead he goes predictably goes undrafted. Such a shame.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m all for players going to get their money but it was such a dumb move from the jump. Could’ve came back and potentially been a 1st rounder next season with a big sophomore season, especially if he showed more as a PG. Instead he goes predictably goes undrafted. Such a shame.

Yeah, now he has a non-guaranteed training camp deal with the Kings. Will probably end up in the G-League on a $35,000 salary. He would've made more playing at Duke now that the NIL is in place. 

@TitanSlim I like our team this year, should be a fun last ride with the GOAT. I think we have a real shot at winning a title to send Coach K off into the sunset as a winner. The only big question mark with this years group is 3 point shooting. Baker, Roach, and Moore will all have to shoot better this season if we're going to make a deep run.

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@TitanSlim I like our team this year, should be a fun last ride with the GOAT. I think we have a real shot at winning a title to send Coach K off into the sunset as a winner. The only big question mark with this years group is 3 point shooting. Baker, Roach, and Moore will all have to shoot better this season if we're going to make a deep run.

Yeah, the fit on this squad is nice. I hate to keep harping on it but man, DJ Steward would’ve been perfect for this team. 

7 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah, the fit on this squad is nice. I hate to keep harping on it but man, DJ Steward would’ve been perfect for this team. 

I think Keels is going to surprise a lot of people. Dude is a sniper. We need Roach/Williams to take major strides as sophomores though. 

Baylor just got all the crystal balls for Keyonte George.

Kendall Brown and Langston Love this year (Jeremy Sochan is majorly underrated too). Dillon Hunter next year and potentially George.

Akinjo added to a still stacked roster of Adam Flagler, Matt Mayer, Jon Tchamwa Tchatchoua, LJ Cryer, and Dale Bonner who is going to be another Adam Flagler-like underrated pickup. 

Flagler is going to be in contention for B12 player of the year. He is a star.

Were an E8/F4 team IMO and if we get some things to fall our way we can win another title. This team is loaded even losing the 2 best guards in America, a 3rd All American caliber guard, and the best role player in the country.