NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

because its not worth going back and forth with.  my point is proven. 

The only thing proven in this thread is how insecure you are about Houston by having to constantly bring up how amazing they allegedly are.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Penny's 1st 3 seasons at Memphis: 65-32 (32-19 AAC)

Sampson's first 3 seasons at Houston: 56-40 (28-26 AAC)

sampson took over a dumpster fire at houston.  the 2 best players (daniel house and tashawn thomas) transferred not to mention the team was playing in a dump arena and had bad facilities.  penny took over a team that won 21 games.  you cant make that comparison.  its dumb. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

sampson took over a dumpster fire at houston.  the 2 best players (daniel house and tashawn thomas) transferred not to mention the team was playing in a dump arena and had bad facilities.  penny took over a team that won 21 games.  you cant make that comparison.  its dumb. 

Penny was Memphis' third coach in 4 years. Memphis is just a more appealing program and Penny is a better recruiter than Sampson. 

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The only thing proven in this thread is how insecure you are about Houston by having to constantly bring up how amazing they allegedly are.

Yeah no one is saying Houston will suck, they'll still be a top 20 team. Memphis might be the best team in the country.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Penny was Memphis' third coach in 4 years. Memphis is just a more appealing program and Penny is a better recruiter than Sampson. 

cant argue about memphis being a more appealing program.  that was my point when u made that comparison.  memphis was already established when he took over.  houston basketball was a dumpster fire when sampson took over.  also penny may be the better recruiter as far as getting highly ranked players but sampson is the better developer of players and 10x the hc penny is. its not even close. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah no one is saying Houston will suck, they'll still be a top 20 team. Memphis might be the best team in the country.

I'm the actual Memphis fan in this thread and I haven't said **** about how good Memphis will be. Just that they are talented and I'm excited.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

cant argue about memphis being a more appealing program.  that was my point when u made that comparison.  memphis was already established when he took over.  houston basketball was a dumpster fire when sampson took over.  also penny may be the better recruiter as far as getting highly ranked players but sampson is the better developer of players and 10x the hc penny is. its not even close. 

Memphis was not in a great place when Penny took over. They had lost two head coaches within 4 years and he had to rebuild the roster. The only time we've ever seen Houston make a deep run under Sampson is when he had a top 10 player that transferred into the program, lol. 

ETA: They also added Larry Brown as an assistant who is a much better coach than Sampson. 

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm the actual Memphis fan in this thread and I haven't said **** about how good Memphis will be. Just that they are talented and I'm excited.

Memphis is going to be one of the best teams in the country and by far the best team in their conference. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Memphis was not in a great place when Penny took over. They had lost two head coaches within 4 years and he had to rebuild the roster. The only time we've ever seen Houston make a deep run under Sampson is when he had a top 10 player that transferred into the program, lol. 

lol..its memphis.  they were still getting good players.  do you realize how bad houston was when sampson took over?  

also houston was a jordan poole buzzer beater miss away from making the sweet 16 and that roster was way before quinton grimes came along. 

sampson has done wonders at houston. 

Edited by Texansfan713