NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

nobody said houston was an elite program.  i dont even hold the basketball program to a high standard like i do the football program.  just saying memphis aint just gonna walk through the conference while sampson is coaching houston. 

Y'all really aren't as talented as you think you are. Your pace/defense will keep you in games because that's what that style of play does but your shot was last year. I'm willing to bet that Memphis wins the conference by 2+ games. With a more talented team, y'all barely scraped by them last year. Now? C'mon. I'm a UNC fan and even I know when to back off my squad and we've actually recently won a Natty lol.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Y'all really aren't as talented as you think you are. Your pace/defense will keep you in games because that's what that style of play does but your shot was last year. I'm willing to bet that Memphis wins the conference by 2+ games. With a more talented team, y'all barely scraped by them last year. Now? C'mon. I'm a UNC fan and even I know when to back off my squad and we've actually recently won a Natty lol.

yeah im done. 

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Elite Program

It's just hilarious that he doesn't understand how big of an impact Bates and Duren will have. Memphis class this year is one of the best we've ever seen and on par with classes like UNC's 06 class (Lawson, Ellington, Wright), Kentucky's 2011 class (Davis, MKG, Teague), Duke's '14 class (Okafor, Jones, Winslow), and Duke's 2018 class (RJ, Zion, Reddish).

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

When Penny inherited the program he had one top 100 recruit on the roster and zero NBA players. 

once again it's still memphis.   a casual cbb fan probably didnt even know houston had a bball program when sampson took over.  once again thats a dumb comparison. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You beat them by 2 points and 3 points last season. Your team is worse and there's  is significantly better. 

how did houston get worse? lol for all we know this team could be better than the one that went to the final four.   sampson gets alot of out his players. 

Edited by Texansfan713

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

once again it's still memphis.   a casual cbb fan probably didnt even know houston had a bball program when sampson took over.  once again thats a dumb comparison. 

Memphis never had a great program outside of Calipari's run with them. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

how did houston get worse? lol for all we know this team could be better than the one that went to the final four.   sampson gets alot of out his players. 

You lost 3 starters from last years team, Grimes who was the AAC POY, and Jarreau/Gorham who were both All-AAC players. The best player you have coming in is Kyler Edwards...

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Losing Grimes, Jarreau and Gorham isn't something that a program like Houston just overcomes in one season. Especially not with Taze Moore and Kyler Edwards.

Yeah Grimes was legit, dude was the conference POY and just went in the first round. Jarreau and Gorham were both All-Conference players. Not sure how they're going to be better. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah Grimes was legit, dude was the conference POY and just went in the first round. Jarreau and Gorham were both All-Conference players. Not sure how they're going to be better. 

Because he's a homer lol

I'm still waiting for Dana Holgorsen to take Houston to the next level. Definitely coming after a 7-13 start in 2 years and coming off a New Mexico Bowl loss to...*checks notes*...Hawaii. Won't even get into the Tom Herman stuff lmao.