NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

They brought in 2 of the top 5 players in the next NBA draft.  They didn't just bring in a group of 4 star players that you can argue actual rankings between 50 and 100.  The two top gets for them are the top 2 in a whole class.  That is important.  I know it doesnt happen often in small conferences like the AAC but thats why its even more important since they will be playing lesser competition.   Penny finished the season strong, won the NIT, and added a ton of talent.  Houston had a good run and lost a ton of talent.  They will still be good because of Sampson but they will fall off.  Thats how rankings work. 

yawn

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, NYRaider said:

How's UNC looking? @beekay414 Reportedly Duke smacked Villanova in the secret scrimmage. 

No clue. Things have been pretty close to the vest so far. Nobody really knows what to expect outta Hubert but the rumor is that our bigs are going to be shooters and open up spacing for our ballhandlers, which is something that was blatantly obviously needed. I don't have any expectations, just want to see positive growth and a plan from Hubert.

• Like 1

Based on Memphis scrimmage it looks like they'll be starting:

G - Alex Lomax (6'0" 190)

G - Lester Quinones (6'5" 210)

G - Emoni Bates (6'9" 190)

F - DeAndre Williams (6'9" 205)

F - Jalen Duren (6'10" 240)

With their primary reserves being:

G - Tyler Harris (5'9" 150)

G - Landers Nolley (6'7" 210)

F - Earl Timberlake (6'6" 230)

22 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

so for the badgers to get into the tourney, i figure that i root against the 5-8 level teams in the big ten and ignore the top 4.

anyone have an issue with this strategy?

so clearly michigan/purdue/OSU are out. WI has no chance to catch them. doesnt matter what they do. ignored.

and clearly these teams are a small step above WI, so rooting heavily for their losses is good.

1. Indiana

2. Michigan State

that leaves 2 teams.

now, is Wisconsin good enough to catch either Illinois and/or Maryland?

or should i be rooting heavily against Iowa and/or Rutgers?

or a combination of both

i can only follow/watch a max of 5 teams due to constraints. and i dont watch to switch at least for the first month or two to get a good feel of these teams i pick here.

Edited by Malfatron