NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

@RandyMossIsBoss Yeah, UNC has the same issues as UK. We have a bunch of freshman simply just trying to run Roy's offense and play within it without identity. Caleb Love tried to play his way and just started forcing stuff today and looked bad. It's not fun watching these kids right now. I mean, can't ***** about being 3-0 but it's ugly. We'll see how they look vs Texas. I am annoyed that Roy always has some random scrub white kid that he feels the need to play no matter what. Andrew Platek is friggin' terrible but Puff Johnson and Kerwin Walton just look lost so they have no choice but to play Platek until Anthony Harris is back.

That's Duke as well. We're such a young team plus it's such a different environment at CIS with no fans. It's definitely going to take some time for us to adjust. 

With Davis and Love shooting terribly to start the year, it should further prove that Roy's system suppresses creative guards, a case I made for Cole Anthony's shooting percentages last year. The lack of spacing, big man emphasis completely hinders players like Love, Anthony and Davis. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

With Davis and Love shooting terribly to start the year, it should further prove that Roy's system suppresses creative guards, a case I made for Cole Anthony's shooting percentages last year. The lack of spacing, big man emphasis completely hinders players like Love, Anthony and Davis. 

They'll shoot better as the year goes on. Tough year to be a freshman starter in college basketball.