Jets release RB Le'Veon Bell

.Buzz

On 10/14/2020 at 12:17 AM, Emerica said:

Unless he’s looking to join a contender, I think Miami would make sense as a landing spot. There were a lot of rumblings at the time that his first choice was Miami back when he was FA. Myles Gaskin is our starter right now, averaging 48yds per game. Jordan Howard was a healthy scratch last game. He’s on borrowed time.

Not sure if we go that route but it wouldn’t surprise me if it turns out we have interest.

tenor.gif?itemid=9083311

The Chiefs make a lot of sense for him giving their scheme. I think he calls Miami home during the offseason. So he likely wants to move their full time. The Bills make the least sense, but all three should be good for him.

He’s still a good player. As bad as the Jets OL has been at protecting Darnold, they’ve been worse in the running game.

I hope he gets back to his hall of fame track. He seems like a great teammate. I didn’t see any of the locker room issues people talked about. He’s been one of the better locker room guys we’ve had.

I personally want to see him go to the Chiefs as I want him to excel and he’s likely to do that there.

Edited by SDotNova

I have no bad will towards Leveon. Who would want to play for Adam Gase? The guy is a turd and runs a terrible offense. I really hope Bell goes somewhere and does good, make Gase look worse because hes so arrogant and wants to make excuses all the time.   Darnold should ask to get off the team too, he should go somewhere to save his career. Its a disaster how much they did to protect Sam or give him something on offense. Now he gets a 37 year old RB for the rest of the season because Gase is obsessed with Gore. 

I'd say blow the team up, but what is there to blow up?  Fire Gase after he brings us to a 0-16 record. We will have tons of cap space and lots of draft picks and the #1 pick would be nice. Pretty much then restart with Trevor Lawrence and trade Darnold. 

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

doubt Bell is still the elite back he once was. He was showing decline in 2017 with his lack of speed, but I still think he can be a very valuable 3rd down back with his blocking/catching ability. He can still be a nice weapon with KC or Buf

Agreed. I’d be infinitely more excited about his receiving ability at this point. I think he would work magic with Allen or Mahomes.

29 minutes ago, August4th said:

doubt Bell is still the elite back he once was. He was showing decline in 2017 with his lack of speed, but I still think he can be a very valuable 3rd down back with his blocking/catching ability. He can still be a nice weapon with KC or Buf

He has never been fast--at least not in the sense that he will break long touchdown runs. His bread and butter has always been vision, balance, and general ability to move quickly in tight spaces despite being 6'1" and 230 lbs.

I think he's still an elite talent. It's just that he has been behind one of the league's worst lines, on the league's least talented offenses, coached by arguably the league's worst coach.