Jets release RB Le'Veon Bell

.Buzz

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

So what?  Anyone who thinks 30 year old Burkhead is a better talent than Bell at 28 needs to have their head examined.  

I didn't say he was a better talent. I said the Pats (i.e. the #2 rushing offense in the league) don't have room in their backfield for another RB right now. Harris/Burkhead/White/Taylor are more than enough. Michel will come back in a few weeks to make things even more crowded.

2 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Gurley, Bell... you'd think teams would learn

Yeah usually signing RBs to a second deal is a terrible move 95% of the time. With Jacobs I’m just hoping we tag him and get six years. Especially with how many carries we give that guy. Very rare for a RB to be great past 5-6 years. Elliott is a rare example, that dude is super durable like he’s made of stone. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I love when players shoot their way out of a pretty good situation, choose the team that's simply offering the most money but probably sucks because they're willing to desperately throw money at a big name, and then get mad about the fact that their new situation sucks even though they and they alone orchestrated it.

What an idiot. He deserves nothing.

Such incredible ignorance.

…By the way that "idiot" just made $28M to play 18 games. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Starless said:

I didn't say he was a better talent. I said the Pats (i.e. the #2 rushing offense in the league) don't have room in their backfield for another RB right now. Harris/Burkhead/White/Taylor are more than enough. Michel will come back in a few weeks to make things even more crowded.

Bell is a difference maker in the right situation.  Michel is a bum and all of the other guys are complimentary pieces.  The only one who has potential to be a solid 15+ touch back is Harris but he is about as unproven on the NFL level as one can get.  The other guys are not close to a talent like Bell. 

Are you telling me you'd pass on a talent like Bell?  The dude is clearly a head case but the talent is far superior to anything you have on your roster and it's not close.  If they had no problem giving a shot to AB I don't see why BB wouldn't kick the tires. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah usually signing RBs to a second deal is a terrible move 95% of the time. With Jacobs I’m just hoping we tag him and get six years. Especially with how many carries we give that guy. Very rare for a RB to be great past 5-6 years. Elliott is a rare example, that dude is super durable like he’s made of stone. 

not to mention his bruising style. ride him for the 4 years + the 5th option. tag him after that if need be. if there's a 2nd deal/extension it would have to be incredibly team friendly and have him in a committee or something.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Bell is a difference maker in the right situation.  Michel is a bum and all of the other guys are complimentary pieces.  The only one who has potential to be a solid 15+ touch back is Harris but he is about as unproven on the NFL level as one can get.  The other guys are not close to a talent like Bell. 

Are you telling me you'd pass on a talent like Bell?  The dude is clearly a head case but the talent is far superior to anything you have on your roster and it's not close.  If they had no problem giving a shot to AB I don't see why BB wouldn't kick the tires. 

What part of "#2 rushing offense in the NFL" are you not getting? 

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

not to mention his bruising style. ride him for the 4 years + the 5th option. tag him after that if need be. if there's a 2nd deal/extension it would have to be incredibly team friendly and have him in a committee or something.

Completely agree with your last sentence. Definitely don’t pay market value. 

Just now, Starless said:

What part of "#2 rushing offense in the NFL" are you not getting? 

You guys have a fantastic duo of Damien Harris and James White. No need for Bell. I loved Harris in the draft, he gonna be a star. Have both on my fantasy team too lol. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

You guys have a fantastic duo of Damien Harris and James White. No need for Bell. I loved Harris in the draft, he gonna be a star. Have both on my fantasy team too lol. 

More than that, the Pats have arguably the league's best, deepest OL right now. Ki-Jana Carter could get 4 YPC behind this line. 

Just now, DannyB said:

I think you're missing my point.

I've never understood attacking a player for prioritizing financial security & generational wealth for those they care about. Let alone a guy playing the most dispensable position in football. To address your point - characterizing Bell as some petulant big name player who chased the bag & then wanted out is misinformed. The guy was nothing but a class act, who continuously praised his coaches & the organization, despite having every reason not to.  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Such incredible ignorance.

…By the way that "idiot" just made $28M to play 18 games. 

He'd be in year 3 of a 5 year 70 million dollar deal in Pittsburgh right now. 

He lost out on anywhere between 10 to 40 million dollars.

y0L4xCB.gif?noredirect

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Do you know who your QB is LOL?  Your running backs are proven bums minus Harris who is still a question.  

How are they "proven bums" when they're all averaging 4.3 YPC or better? 

Do you not realize they ran for 185 yards on 5.3 YPC against the Chiefs without Cam?