Jets release RB Le'Veon Bell

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I've never understood attacking a player for prioritizing financial security & generational wealth for those they care about. Let alone a guy playing the most dispensable position in football. To address your point - characterizing Bell as some petulant big name player who chased the bag & then wanted out is misinformed. The guy was nothing but a class act, who continuously praised his coaches & the organization, despite having every reason not to.  

Believe me, I have no problem with a football player prioritizing money, especially a running back (even though if I'm a GM, no way am I paying much for one). However, if you do that in such a blatant way, and decide, on your own free will, to go to a notoriously awful franchise in order to do so, and then cry about how bad it is? Yeah I don't feel bad at all for you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starless said:

How are they "proven bums" when they're all averaging 4.3 YPC or better? 

Do you not realize they ran for 185 yards on 5.3 YPC against the Chiefs without Cam?

Is the Cheifs D above average?  Nope.

Bell is a versatile lead back who can tote the rock 15 times a game and have success in the right situation and would take tremendous pressure off Cam which would help with his longevity.  

If you think any GM would take any one of your bum backs over Bell you clearly need to go back to football 101 LOL 

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Is the Cheifs D above average?  Nope.

Bell is a versatile lead back who can tote the rock 15 times a game and have success in the right situation and would take tremendous pressure off Cam which would help with his longevity.  

If you think any GM would take any one of your bum backs over Bell you clearly need to go back to football 101 LOL 

10 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I've never understood attacking a player for prioritizing financial security & generational wealth for those they care about. Let alone a guy playing the most dispensable position in football. To address your point - characterizing Bell as some petulant big name player who chased the bag & then wanted out is misinformed. The guy was nothing but a class act, who continuously praised his coaches & the organization, despite having every reason not to.  

i get it in the sense that sports fans have a vested interest in teams winning, not players making money.

but i've never personally held it against players for trying to get paid.

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He'd be in year 3 of a 5 year 70 million dollar deal in Pittsburgh right now. 

He lost out on anywhere between 10 to 40 million dollars.

y0L4xCB.gif?noredirect

Right, because when Pitt offered him $10M guaranteed, I'm sure they had every intention of seeing that deal through in its entirety.

• Like 7

Gonna say... Houston.

Jack Easterby needs to do something to prove his worth and stick around/endear himself to a city who wants him fired. The Texans have David Johnson (who is flat out bad) and Duke Johnson (who isn't bad but isn't good) so Bell has opportunity to get snaps. BoBoddy is gone, Romeo is a bit more relaxed and relatable to a guy like Lev...

Call it a hunch.

tenor.gif?itemid=11217364

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Believe me, I have no problem with a football player prioritizing money, especially a running back (even though if I'm a GM, no way am I paying much for one). However, if you do that in such a blatant way, and decide, on your own free will, to go to a notoriously awful franchise in order to do so, and then cry about how bad it is? Yeah I don't feel bad at all for you.

Did Bell ever actually complain about the Jets?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DannyB said:

When exactly did he cry about how bad it is? The guy has been remarkably optimistic & professional since joining this notoriously awful franchise. He liked a few tweets after last weeks blowout, otherwise, you're point doesn't have a leg to stand on.

• Like 2

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Did Bell ever actually complain about the Jets?

reports say he met with management this week or something, about his lack of role in the offense, and how Gase obviously never wanted him.

Which is all well and good, I mean, I get it. If I'm a player I'd be unhappy as hell if I was on the Jets with Adam stupid Gase as my head coach. But again...HE CHOSE THIS. He had full knowledge going in. If he couldn't read the tea leaves that the Jets are, sorry, a trashcan organization, and this Gase dude is freaking terrible, well too bad so sad. If I was his agent I would have definitely warned him. Again, if he just wants the big payday, then fine, do you booboo, I'll happily take my commission and buy a nice little vacation spot for my family. But then he can't act blindsided that the situation sucks there.

2 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

When exactly did he cry about how bad it is? The guy has been remarkably optimistic & professional since joining this notoriously awful franchise. He liked a few tweets after last weeks blowout, otherwise, you're point doesn't have a leg to stand on.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30110063/new-york-jets-release-disgruntled-running-back-leveon-bell

12 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Right, because when Pitt offered him $10M guaranteed, I'm sure they had every intention of seeing that deal through in its entirety.

FWIW Steelers rank as the top team in paying the most of the value of a contract.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

FWIW Steelers rank as the top team in paying the most of the value of a contract.

Hard pressed to believe they'd be paying Bell still, considering how they structured his contract offer and the emergence of Conner.