Jets release RB Le'Veon Bell

.Buzz

13 minutes ago, DannyB said:

reports say he met with management this week or something, about his lack of role in the offense, and how Gase obviously never wanted him.

Which is all well and good, I mean, I get it. If I'm a player I'd be unhappy as hell if I was on the Jets with Adam stupid Gase as my head coach. But again...HE CHOSE THIS. He had full knowledge going in. If he couldn't read the tea leaves that the Jets are, sorry, a trashcan organization, and this Gase dude is freaking terrible, well too bad so sad. If I was his agent I would have definitely warned him. Again, if he just wants the big payday, then fine, do you booboo, I'll happily take my commission and buy a nice little vacation spot for my family. But then he can't act blindsided that the situation sucks there.

Going to speak to the team about (lack of) usage is different than crying, but to each their own.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

Hard pressed to believe they'd be paying Bell still, considering how they structured his contract offer and the emergence of Conner.  

The emergence of Conner happened because Bell left.  If Bell hadn't left, Conner wouldn't have taken over the #1 spot that easily.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Going to speak to the team about (lack of) usage is different than crying, but to each their own.

If it results in them trying to trade you, and then releasing you when that doesn't work, that seems like more than just an ordinary run of the mill professional conversation. Like that's not just a normal Monday evening for the average franchise.

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Gonna say... Houston.

Jack Easterby needs to do something to prove his worth and stick around/endear himself to a city who wants him fired. The Texans have David Johnson (who is flat out bad) and Duke Johnson (who isn't bad but isn't good) so Bell has opportunity to get snaps. BoBoddy is gone, Romeo is a bit more relaxed and relatable to a guy like Lev...

Call it a hunch.

tenor.gif?itemid=11217364

Seriously doubt he'll go to a losing team if he has options. 

10 minutes ago, DannyB said:

This hardly backs the narrative you're pushing. The idea that Bell cried his way off the Jets insinuates that he was some type of issue in the locker room or carried with him a selfish mentality, which couldn't be further from the truth. I can say with the utmost confidence that anyone who's followed this team will tell you the same.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Right, because when Pitt offered him $10M guaranteed, I'm sure they had every intention of seeing that deal through in its entirety.

If they released him then he signs the Jets deal AFTER Pittsburgh paid him a bunch for years 1 and 2 or whatever.

Just now, Starless said:

Seriously doubt he'll go to a losing team if he has options. 

I think he's not going to have many suitors - people remember the Steelers debacle, that's not going to sit well with some teams with stable organizations.

1 minute ago, Starless said:

He absolutely will because nobody's going to give him more than that while the Jets are on the hook for his entire salary for the rest of the year. 

I think hes more likely to sit out the year and come back next year fresh