Around the NFL - week 6

WizardHawk

42 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean, Williams was the 3rd overall player in the 2019 NFL Draft. So, if you told me I could acquire him for a 2nd? I'd be tempted to do it, especially considering he plays a position we need help at.

With Williams and Irving, we could actually be relevant on defense again.  Relevant may be the wrong word.  We are relevant but for all the wrong reasons... historically relevant as in the GOAT or awful defenses.

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

With Williams and Irving, we could actually be relevant on defense again.  Relevant may be the wrong word.  We are relevant but for all the wrong reasons... historically relevant as in the GOAT or awful defenses.

We could be decent, maybe. I get ya.

6 hours ago, D82 said:

I mean, Williams was the 3rd overall player in the 2019 NFL Draft. So, if you told me I could acquire him for a 2nd? I'd be tempted to do it, especially considering he plays a position we need help at.

Given that the Cowboys will be in the top 5 range, I wouldn't be ok trading an early 2nd round pick for 2 years of service and then have to possibly re-sign him. 

On 10/16/2020 at 11:22 PM, buddy_z34 said:

Given that the Cowboys will be in the top 5 range, I wouldn't be ok trading an early 2nd round pick for 2 years of service and then have to possibly re-sign him. 

That’s not... at all a “given.” In fact right now it looks like a pipe dream. Like it or not, the Cowboys currently have a 74% chance to make the playoffs. The earliest you can pick if you make the playoffs is 19. That’s if we have the worst record of all 14 playoff teams(seems likely) AND go 1 and done(certainly possible). If we manage to squeak out a playoff win then the earliest we can pick shoots up to 25. Making our 2nd round pick #57 overall. 

All of this has a far greater chance of happening right now than us being top 5. .... Unfortunately maybe.

Edited by DaBoys

I have a dream, that one day we win the lousy NFCE. We make the playoffs at like 7-9 or something stupid. But we won our last two games because alllllllll the injured players are returning from IR and Randy Gregory comes back. So we are much better than our record and now we are in the playoffs 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Games not broadcasted here, but I have been following the box score. The Eagles forum is calling for Hurts. Is it really that bad?

Yeah it’s pretty ugly, granted he has trash WR’s and make shift Oline but he’s making poor throws, bad reads and eyeing down receivers like crazy. Think all the sacks are starting to get to him. 4 already today, had been pressured like crazy 

Wentz almost came back, but more injuries. Eagles will need to win the next three NYG Dallas @NYG to get themselves back in it.

And thank you Riverboat Ron for going for +2 at the end of regulation in a low scoring game against a bad football team. Can’t believe how dumb these coaches can be at times.

Cowboys will definitely take the division at 7-9 but 6-10 might be enough. This Cardinal game will be huge because they still have Pitt and Baltimore on the schedule. Should be fine if they beat the Eagles next week though.

Edited by WheatieMan