Major Changes to NFL COVID-19 Protocol - Could cost players games

Deadpulse

HS athletes and coaches:

*Mandatory 10 day quarantine with contact tracing, social distancing on the sidelines with masks under helmets on at all times if not actively participating required, not allowed to shake hands or interact with players after the game.

The NFL:

source.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

HS athletes and coaches:

*Mandatory 10 day quarantine with contact tracing, social distancing on the sidelines with masks under helmets on at all times if not actively participating required, not allowed to shake hands or interact with players after the game.

The NFL:

source.gif

MWil- are you campaigning for Goodell's job ? You'd win handily

• Like 1

Selfishly as a Titans fan, I have to wonder if this is laying a foundation for a lesser/non punishment for the Titans.  It seems obvious that we had spreading due to the incubation period for this virus simply because the outbreak was so spread out in time.  We didn't have 20 people test positive within two days, but rather two here, three there, no one, one more... spread out over a nearly two week period suggesting they were not all exposed at one event.

This seems to be an admission that previous protocols, trumpeted as flawless, were in need of change.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

MWil- are you campaigning for Goodell's job ? You'd win handily

It's honestly mind numbing to me that me, as a high school coach, with 1/1 billionth the resources of the NFL, is able to mandate and enforce all of this while also TRYING TO PREPARE FOR AN OPPONENT AND COACH A GAME.

Imagine this scenario. QB test positive on Friday. He was within 6 feet for ten minutes looking things over with the only other QB on roster, the PS QB and the OC. All those dudes are now ineligible to play even if they test negative according to these rules. 

On 10/14/2020 at 4:02 AM, iknowcool said:

Teams surely have got to stop letting players talk to each other at the end of the game, right?  Guess it depends on how they define “high risk” close contact.  Like would the Mahomes/Gilmore convo count?

Around here, "close contact" is more than 15mins, less than 2m away. But it's highly situational, and obviously depends on a lot of other factors.

On 10/14/2020 at 1:02 PM, MWil23 said:

HS athletes and coaches:

The NFL:

source.gif

odd you picked something from last season to make a statement about this season.  

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

If I test positive for COVID I’m immediately off work for two weeks unpaid and I self quarantine. My job is much more important than a football players. 

What do you do?

(when you're not putting King's Landing to flame of course :D )

The NFL is so ******* pathetic.

They shouldve reduced the number of games this year to 14 or even 12 to have some flexibility for potential quarantines and scheduling.

The NFL cares as much about protecting players from COVID as much as they care about protecting them against injuries on the field....as long as they are making money, they dont give a hot sh!t.