Sign in to follow this  
RUGmen

Can Dalton be the next “Tannehill”?

With Prescott obviously done for the season, could Dalton step in to become the next “Tannehill”?

aka a QB who was average on a team with worse supporting cast and now steps into a better offense and coaching?

I doubt he does it as well as Tannehill did it in Tennessee, but I do expect him to play better than he has his last few years in Cincy. 

I have no doubt that Dalton would absolutely ball out with the Cowboys full offense

The problem is we are playing a rookie center and both the Right and Left tackles are done for the season along with the starting TE. If he can make quick reads and get the ball out fast to the 3 stud WR's he'll do well

Dalton is gonna be great on the Cowboys. Is he gonna be as good as Tannehil last season? Probably not. But he will show out with that offense. Dalton is a starter in this league.

he was probably the best backup in the league, and that offense has a ton of talent. i could definitely see him doing well there.

Yes, that makes sense.

If the question is, can Dalton QB the Cowboys to a slightly above average QB? Sure.

If the question is, will Dalton be one of the best QBs in football, leading one of the highest scoring offenses in the league while going 13-4, the answer is no.

Was Dalton coming of off major injuries?

Either way I think he does well but not well enough.

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

With Lamb, Elliot, Gallup and Cooper - YOU could be the next Tannehill

Not with an OL and Def as crappy as ours. 

It was Daltons 1st game back, so I will caution leeway. But we was pretty garbage outside of 2-3 throws. I expect him to hover the Dalton line like he always has. Which means mostly mediocre with a few splash plays and a few hair pulling plays sprinkled in. 

People saying he will be "great", "show out" or "play out of his mind" are completely delusional and most likely want him to succeed to back up their Dak bashing. 

I don't think that people understand just how good Tannehill has been his last 14 games.

Tannehill’s very much playing himself into the elite conversation at this point. I can’t remember anyone at 32 doing that after never being that high up before but it’ll be hard to ignore by november if the results remain the same.

Absolutely he can.

Dalton has become a bit of a laughing stock and the poster boy for mediocrity in recent years but the truth is that he performs as well as the talent around him. If he has a great supporting cast, he'll be great (or at least really good). If his supporting cast is subpar, so will he be.

Everyone seems to think the Cowboys are cooked without Dak. I say the offense is the least of their worries right now, and that'll remain true going forward.

Edited by notthatbluestuff