Things You (think you) Know About The NFL So Far

11sanchez11

Try not to go super obvious. It could be about a player that has gotten better and everybody might not know yet, or a whole side of a ball that has improved/declined, a rookie that stands out or way or the other, etc., etc.

I know nothing so I'm not gonna give an example. 

The bills are the biggest pretender in the league and will almost assuredly come crashing back to earth within the next few weeks.  Don't have a problem with anyone trying to argue that they're for real after their last 2 impressive wins, but I don't see enough sustainability in them

- That the Patriots defense always starts bad, and progresses. Usually ending in the top 7-15 range. However, they're starting from their lowest ebb EVER, so even if they do recover (which they will), they could still be a bit s bad. 

- I still reckon DeShaun Watson isn't great. Doesn't progress through reads. I reckon his form ends abruptly soon. 

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

- I still reckon DeShaun Watson isn't great. Doesn't progress through reads. I reckon his form ends abruptly soon. 

I really want to be wrong about this because the more franchise quarterbacks the NFL has, the better but.....  does anyone else get reminded of RG3's rookie season when watching Watson? 

2 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

The bills are the biggest pretender in the league and will almost assuredly come crashing back to earth within the next few weeks.  Don't have a problem with anyone trying to argue that they're for real after their last 2 impressive wins, but I don't see enough sustainability in them

Are people suggesting that they are real (real question, don't see a lot of Buffalo talk here)? I think that they are a great story thus far, and I think that they are better than I thought they were going to be (I figured full on tank mode), but even with this start, I was still only thinking at best a 7-9 type season, maybe 8-8. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Are people suggesting that they are real (real question, don't see a lot of Buffalo talk here)? I think that they are a great story thus far, and I think that they are better than I thought they were going to be (I figured full on tank mode), but even with this start, I was still only thinking at best a 7-9 type season, maybe 8-8. 

There are a few people that are, mostly bills fans that claim that "their team never gets any respect from anyone" (mainly because they haven't been to the playoffs this millennium) and a few writers

They're not as bad of a team as I thought and their defense looks like it will rebound from last season, but they have literally no consistent receivers and I can't see tyrod carrying the team.  So yeah I would agree 8-8 is their ceiling 

17 minutes ago, indifference said:

Matt Ryan is missing Kyle Shanhan

Don't necessarily think this is the case, there's been somewhat of a drop-off but that's more due to the fact that their 2016 offense was off the charts.  They still lead the league in total yards per offensive drive, so I think it's just some natural regression back to the mean and expect them to be just fine going forward 

4 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Don't necessarily think this is the case, there's been somewhat of a drop-off but that's more due to the fact that their 2016 offense was off the charts.  They still lead the league in total yards per offensive drive, so I think it's just some natural regression back to the mean and expect them to be just fine going forward 

I've watched a couple games from the Falcons this year. Matt Ryan isn't as nearly as sharp like he was last year. Probably has nothing to do with the OC leaving but I just wanted to stir the pot.

Just now, indifference said:

I've watched a couple games from the Falcons this year. Matt Ryan isn't as nearly as sharp like he was last year. Probably has nothing to do with the OC leaving but I just wanted to stir the pot.

He's not pushing the ball down the field much. Only completed 3 beyond 20 yards.

1 minute ago, indifference said:

You're not wrong, but I do think they still have the potential to gel similar to the way they did last year.  I don't think we've seen them at their best yet at this point in the season 

Archived