Trade Targets

mar29020

I wouldn’t trade for any player in the last year of their current contract, I’d wait until March to try to sign them as a free agent. Haven’t we learned from the past when we traded for guys like Duckett and Haha Clinton-Dix amongst others I’m sure I’m forgetting that it’s not likely to work out?

And then we’ve just thrown away a mid round draft pick for a 2 month rental of average play at best.

15 hours ago, mar29020 said:

He's hurt a lot and doesnt produce well with a good QB. NO THANKS

Im pretty sure Njoku is back healthy (2 recs & a TD vs the Bengals). He missed a handful of games but he played Lon Sunday. Also, Austin Hooper got hurt, so I don’t see them trading him now.

That being said, I’d rather wait until free agency to sign him or Fuller bc they are on the last years of their contracts and we may not be able to re-sign them if we traded for one or both of them.

Just have to chime in a bit on the Evan Engram bashing. Maybe the guy is a bit of a head case, but he’s absolutely a good receiving TE. Here are his first 3 seasons compared to Travis Kelce:

Engram: 34 games, 153 receptions (4.5 per game), 1766 yards (51.9 per game), 12 TDs (.35 per game)

Kelce: 33 games, 139 receptions (4.2 per game), 1737 yards (52.6 per game), 10 TDs (.30 per game). 

Garrett is using him pretty poorly so far, as he’s just not a Witten type TE. They’re starting to get a better feel for him, and while the dropsies have been a big problem, he’s starting to look more like himself out on routes. The most important thing is the speed, which has tended to be one of the biggest indicators for elite TE play — that’s the common thread between a lot of the elite guys (sub 4.65 40 time), and nobody at TE is faster than Evan Engram. That’s a tremendous upside.

He’s a question mark, for certain, and I sincerely doubt NYG would trade him to us for a price we’d be willing to pay — but a world where everyone wants David Njoku and no one wants Evan Engram is a head scratcher for me. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

My issue with Evan Engram is reliability, he seems like a Jordan Reed to me where he’s always dealing with some kind of injury or issue where he’s not close to 100%.

If he’s 100% and a free agent - not someone we’d have to trade for - I’d definitely take him, but that’s not the case.

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

My issue with Evan Engram is reliability, he seems like a Jordan Reed to me where he’s always dealing with some kind of injury or issue where he’s not close to 100%.

If he’s 100% and a free agent - not someone we’d have to trade for - I’d definitely take him, but that’s not the case.

I don’t disagree with you on any of this. Just find it odd that folks would simultaneously support acquiring a guy like Njoku (or OJ Howard for that matter), but turn up their nose at Engram.

I don’t perceive much difference between them in terms of reliability — I think they’re both pretty unreliable at this point, very much high risk/high reward type additions. Actually, the only major difference I see is that Engram was the better prospect and has been the better NFL player thus far. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I don’t disagree with you on any of this. Just find it odd that folks would simultaneously support acquiring a guy like Njoku (or OJ Howard for that matter), but turn up their nose at Engram.

I don’t perceive much difference between them in terms of reliability — I think they’re both pretty unreliable at this point, very much high risk/high reward type additions. Actually, the only major difference I see is that Engram was the better prospect and has been the better NFL player thus far. 

I'd take Engram over Njoku but don't think the Giants would trade him to us

Gardner Minshew a 3rd for him

Look lets be realistic we wont have a top 5 pick.

Minshew had 26 td and 10 int his rookie year

This year he has a 70% passing and 10 tds with 4 ints

He can be that guy if we commit to short passes and run alot. He is accurate just doesnt have a strong arm I am thinking Mayfield or Drew Brees as his top potential. This would allow us to build a killer offensive line and McLauren is better than anything he has in Jax and Gibson too.

We need to get this done the Jax want to move on from him its obvious.

11 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Gardner Minshew a 3rd for him

Look lets be realistic we wont have a top 5 pick.

Minshew had 26 td and 10 int his rookie year

This year he has a 70% passing and 10 tds with 4 ints

He can be that guy if we commit to short passes and run alot. He is accurate just doesnt have a strong arm I am thinking Mayfield or Drew Brees as his top potential. This would allow us to build a killer offensive line and McLauren is better than anything he has in Jax and Gibson too.

We need to get this done the Jax want to move on from him its obvious.

I don't see how he's an upgrade over what we have.