Trade Targets

mar29020

On 10/26/2020 at 3:26 PM, aceinthehouse said:

I'm not trading our 1st for anybody. We don't know if this team will be 4-12 and picking top 10, or 7-9 & winning the NFC East Division.

[Ron Howard narrator voiceover] They won't be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

It could happen...

Beat the Giants that's 3 wins

Beat Dallas & philly thats 5

Beat 2 of 3 between lions, carolina & Bengals & you got 7 wins.

And that's assuming Pittsburgh, Seattle & 49ers are losses.

Think here in lies the problem for whoever is in control, there isn't a trade out there right now that could get us to the point of making the Pitt and Seattle games toss ups so its not worth it to trade high picks if it isn't for chance at Superbowl. On the other hand the team still has a shot at winning division so you can sell good players for picks either since you'd risk losing confidence of some players that your putting them in a spot to win,which would make it harder to talk contracts later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Woulda been okay if we paid the price Titans paid for King or Saints paid for Alexander

+1

Deals like this make me wonder if GMs even shop their players or just accept the first offer they get. A 25 year old 2nd team All-Pro CB going for a late 6th? Buddy.....

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, you can always give him a new contract. I know that’s crazy talk with this organization but other teams do participate in that act. 

For a 6th round pick I'd probably let him walk then land a 3rd or 4th round comp pick when he signs with someone else.  Why didn't the charges just do that?

Giants actively trying to trade WR Golden Tate.

I'd be all over it, if we could get him for a late Rd pick.

Plus pick his brain before sunday's game. He would instantly be our #2 wr.

Is it the best move we could make? No

But it would be a good move for improving our chances of winning the division for this season.

I would do it. But only for a late pick.

14 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Giants actively trying to trade WR Golden Tate.

I'd be all over it, if we could get him for a late Rd pick.

Plus pick his brain before sunday's game. He would instantly be our #2 wr.

Is it the best move we could make? No

But it would be a good move for improving our chances of winning the division for this season.

I would do it. But only for a late pick.

I wouldn't hate it,for a late pick as he has knowledge of both Eagles and Giants.Not a move I would make though as he plays same WR spot as Steven Sims who I think will be good enough and a big help to our offense when he is back.

We aren’t going to do anything. Fans will say it’s because they’re waiting until the off-season to do their work in free agency but then we’ll sign a bunch of scrubs nobody has ever heard of that somehow has ties to Rivera. And then the “I love how this front office works. We finally have some real leaders in the building” failing to acknowledge this is exactly the same stuff Bruce Allen was doing. This Rivera contract is going to be a loooooong 5 years. Sigh. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We aren’t going to do anything. Fans will say it’s because they’re waiting until the off-season to do their work in free agency but then we’ll sign a bunch of scrubs nobody has ever heard of that somehow has ties to Rivera. And then the “I love how this front office works. We finally have some real leaders in the building” failing to acknowledge this is exactly the same stuff Bruce Allen was doing. This Rivera contract is going to be a loooooong 5 years. Sigh. 

It's almost like you've/we've been here before.

• Like 1